Seaflor Special Grade Reef Sand

Ronjunior

Wife verbalized my IOU Christmas gift of sand and can't decide. It's hard to choose without seeing tanks side by side with similar flow to see what stays put.

Anybody use this? It's 1-2mm aragonite sand by CaribSea, Special Grade Reef Sand.

I want something that won't blow around too much without going to crushed coral.

Other option is Aragamax Select, .5-1.5mm. A little more spendy though depending which site I buy from.

I may end up with some type of sand sifting critters, and may not, but don't want to redo this substrate thing again! I'm removing the 2 month old silica sugarfine sand mistake and that's that!

Any experience, good and/or bad is much appreciated.

In my opinion, CaribSea Special Grade Reef Sand is one of the most natural looking sands for a reef tank available. It's heavy enough to not be blown around the tank by currents, and light enough for sand sifting fish & inverts to work through.

I have used it in many tanks, and found it to be very clean and have never bothered to rinse it before use.