Hippo tang question

kendaroo

Our new baby tang has a small patch of something near her face. It's like a slightly faded patch on the part of her face that's black, over her eye. I'd snap a photo, but she swims too fast. :)

At first, I thought she had a couple of damaged scales- perhaps from when she was bagged up or transported to our tank. Over the last couple of days, I've watched the patch get bigger, so I think it's probably either a bacterial infection or a fungal infection of some sort.

She's eating well and seems very active. Aside from keeping a close eye on water parameters, what should we do for her? A google search suggested feeding less meaty food (she does love the mysis shrimp) and more nori, and adding garlic. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Gillian

I don't think that's it- I don't see anything that looks like any sort of pitting. It's more subtle than that. It's kind of a whitish faded patch, almost kind of fuzzy looking. Kendra's trying to take a picture right now, but she's zipping all over the tank with the clowns. :)

Gillian

• 2 weeks later...