So Cal Reef shops

racefan

Did you grow up in Huntington? I'm from garden Grove. (I went to La Quinta High School) my wife is going to a Conference in Anaheim and I'm going to tag along & look up some old friends while shes working & thought I'd scope out fish stores while I'm out playing during the afternoons.(clap)

I'm from Anaheim! Small world.

Look up Tongs Tropical fish in Fountain Valley. It is right off the 405 and Magnolia, just south of the freeway. That is the closest best store for both of you.

If you need some other recomendations the tide pools at "Little Corona" an be awesome at low tide, really look close. We used to find octopi there and play tug of war. Huge star fish, more then three feet across. Lots of urchins and anenomes.

If you like beer, check out the Yard House, there are several, but the one right next to the Aquarium of the Pacific is quite nice.

The view while eating at Las Briscas in Lanuna Beach is also pretty awesome.

HTH

Re: So Cal Reef shops

Go to www.zoyzoy.com and enter the zip you are going to...it will show ALL of the fish stores around you....in Cali that is....there you go....you should be set from there

Can't believe nobody else mentioned that first

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Sorry Eric, we are not ALL as smart as you ;)

He didn't ask for ALL the stores, just the good ones ;). Taking a trip to 405 Tropical Fish, Alantis Aquarium, Reef Collector, Fish Collector, SandBar, Window to the Sea, Seaside, etc would all be a waste of time, and are all within 10 miles of HB. If you visited them all you would miss some of the good ones.

Re: So Cal Reef shops

If your up north' date=',, Id hit Vivid aquariums for sure,, epic corals.[/quote']

Plus like a million....if you haven't visited Vivid...you haven't visited a fish store....or should I say a coral store....I could never spend enough there....global aquatics is a good one too....5 times larger than any store I have ever been to easy and they are wholesale to the public

Plus like a million....if you haven't visited Vivid...you haven't visited a fish store....or should I say a coral store....I could never spend enough there....global aquatics is a good one too....5 times larger than any store I have ever been to easy and they are wholesale to the public

Hmmm... I am going to try to make a trip up to Yorba Linda.......