How could this happen?

NoobtoSalt

For the record, when i was contacted about the few items on the group buy that were under map (by less than $1) i tried to discuss my point but then gave in and agreed to pull said products to keep in the agreement. the next day i get the call closing the account due to some interesting reasons...

I have been a member here for years. i dont get to the meetings often because they are on sunday, but i do see people around and have been on the forums and a paid member for a long time. I didn't expect this kind of drama... but then again we all love some intrigue dont we?

Like i said before, i dont bear ill will. I forgive easily and apologize for my mistakes. in this case i did try to resolve the issue and thought it was done. I want to thanks you all for the discussion. if you have questions i would be happy to answer. I have nothing to hide.

Re: How could this happen?

Sad thing is as I read this I start thinking I should raise my prices closer to what I see in shops....but that would go against my beliefs and the mission of CA2OR Corals. I do agree there should be a bit of discussion to avoid irrational decisions or statements...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Sad thing is as I read this I start thinking I should raise my prices closer to what I see in shops....but that would go against my beliefs and the mission of CA2OR Corals. I do agree there should be a bit of discussion to avoid irrational decisions or statements...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Do what works for you man!

I have not been to the Nano Reef "yet" but do look forward to it on our next northern trip.

There are many great stores up there & now it sounds like there is " 1 more".

Business fears business rivals & the idea of a MAP rule calms the nerves. Some go as far to say it is price fixing, & in reality it sorta is. Business = stress period, some can handle more than others. Sounds like Nano reef is in the squeeze & dealing with the pressure just fine. My hat is off to any person who has the courage to try opening- starting a business, today, tomorrow or yesterday. JMO

I would like to put out one thought for people to consider. I have seen this club go into a "group buy" frenzy. I like to save a buck just like every one else but I have talked to people that have gone out and buy something online because they saved $5 to turn around and spend $8 on shipping.... If you take shipping into consideration it has been my experience that quite a bit of the time a store can get very close to the price if not match. Sure a group buy can sway the numbers a little bit but we do not always buy in groups.

The BOD/Officers have been trying to come up with ideas that can include the sponsors more and still have the people get the pricing that can come with a group buy. We're not there yet but it has been discussed quite a bit lately.

While I personally can purchase every item i need at wholesale because I have a business license those that know me know that I do spend more than a fair share at the stores to support them. You don't get the help, advice, and personal touch online and for that I will spend a little more to support the local guy. I think pretty much every store owner in this club is a good person and is here to help us out. Ya sure they have to make money or they wouldn't be here but call up drs. foster & smith and strike up a conversation some time to get advice....

Yes you or we need to suport our local stores I jest go to places that try to save me money more than others

Call me a cheapskate, but to me that is half the fun saving money, I like to go to all the shops and see what kinds of good deals there are, It gives me an extra high when I can go into a Reef Shop and walk out with a new coral and feel I got a awsome deal on it, and I have to say, I have left the nano reef a few times with coral I thought was a great find, that feeling of a giddy school girl or a fat kid that just left a candy store...to me thats part of the experience...I want that high of crack cocaine but on a glue sniffer price....(nutty)

I like shops that are willing to remember you even if its been 2-3 weeks since you where last in thier shop, and I like it when they are willing to maybe cut you a deal on say several peices of coral, I like that....Willing to work with you on prices, and that feeling that I am a valuable customer even though I maybe only bought a $10 peice of coral....That was enough for them to show graditude for being a loyal customer...cause guess what, I guarantee that I will be back to spend at least another $10....heck maybe even $15....(naughty)...lol

I don't need the best deal in town, in fact if the shops spent more time reeling me in with a buy 1 get 1 free deal, i guarantee you i will go out of your store with more than i intended to get. its just the nature of the beast and the impulse to put something cool in your tank. :) I love the local walk in and talk. i expect to be greeted with a smile and I like it when the store owner actually knows my name by the 3rd or 4th visit. Do i need to save $5 on food and supplies? Nope. I really don't even like shopping on ebay. shipping sucks and dealing with someone you never talk to or meet just doesn't appeal to me for the amount of savings you get. I will spend money on desirable livestock. I like to see it when i get in the store. The famous line of i can order it for you, just doesn't work that well except on special order items. Selection is key. The group buy thing is really only good on very large ticket items where a substantial savings is in the works and the need to have the item is not an immediate issue.