Grrrrr wives

impur

Our 5 year anniversary is this month so i thought i'd plan a nice trip and surprise my wife with a trip to Kona. I started planning about 2 weeks ago, getting time off work, the condo set and keeping an eye on flight prices. I had her convinced we were going to go to portland and stay downtown. Do some pub crawls, visit some breweries and have some nice dinners. I sent her links for happy hours, we planned out a route and all, but nothing was booked yet. She even got mad at me cuz i didn't seem too interested in the whole thing, hadn't booked anything and its only a few weeks away.

So shortly after that i got everything finalized: flight, condo, car the whole shebang. I shoot her an email letting her know that her portland anniversary trip is all booked. Whats the first thing she does? Logs onto her Hawaiian airline account and sees the reservation!!!!!!! So after 2 weeks of planning, it was all foiled in 30 seconds. I got a guilt treatment, several evil eyes, made to feel I had severely disappointed her, cold shoulders you name it. And thru it all i don't even get to see her reaction to the surprise as we drive to the airport instead of a downtown hotel.

So lame.

Happy anniversary Miles! Hang in there man! I don't understand women either and I am one so I feel for you. Some people just don't like surprises.

Let her calm down and get used to the idea and it will be all good when you get there.

Kona is awesome. Hapuna beach was one of my favorite for swimming.

I think she was just excited. But still it ruined my dang surprise!!! (wife)

I love Hapuna beach. We'll be spending a day there floating in the waves :D Then get some shaved ice for the trip back to the condo

Took these pics there last year

DSCN1944.jpg

DSCN1945.jpg

DSCN1946.jpg

Ah man that sucks! Your pictures makes me want to get back over there. We go almost every year. Had to skip this year and it's killing me! I can't believe she has the cool shoulder about it, I would be so stoked on the trip that I couldn't stay mad. By the way 5 years is a great year to hit. Congrats!

I almost did the same thing once, my parents live in Kailua. There are a couple of cool beaches along the hwy on the way to Hapuna, one right before you get there. Shoot me a PM if you want a couple of nice snorkel spots

Congrats on the 5 yrs. This yr is 29 for me and I have never gotten a surprise like that. I gaurantee she is not mad. She is getting used to how you could plan all that and she didn't catch on. Or she thought some thing was up but "not" that.

Have a great time

Beckie

Happy Anniversary!! She knew something was up. Why else would she check her Hawaiian Airlines account when a trip to Portland was planned? (scratch) If she really was mad, then it is good that it happened this way instead of going through security and a 5.5-6 hour fumming plane ride. She probably logged onto pnwmas and saw your threads. :D

Kealakekua Bay, Pu'uhonua O Honaunau, Kua Bay and Kahaluu Beach are some of my favorites. Those and Hapuna are crowded sometimes and it feels really hot there right now, so it will be even more so. For a beautiful, clean beach without the crowds and with some shade- take a right on Kealakehe Parkway towards Honokohau Marina and Small Boat Harbor. Park your car in the parking lot farthest inland and take one of the two trails to the right and walk until you get to the white sand beach to the right of the harbor. It is a beautiful white sand beach in a protected cove; there is a pavilion and a canoe house but usually only one or two people there because it is not a marketed beach spot and tourists don't know about it.:p

Happy Anniversary!! She knew something was up. Why else would she check her Hawaiian Airlines account when a trip to Portland was planned? (scratch) If she really was mad, then it is good that it happened this way instead of going through security and a 5.5-6 hour fumming plane ride. She probably logged onto pnwmas and saw your threads. :D

Kealakekua Bay, Pu'uhonua O Honaunau, Kua Bay and Kahaluu Beach are some of my favorites. Those and Hapuna are crowded sometimes and it feels really hot there right now, so it will be even more so. For a beautiful, clean beach without the crowds and with some shade- take a right on Kealakehe Parkway towards Honokohau Marina and Small Boat Harbor. Park your car in the parking lot farthest inland and take one of the two trails to the right and walk until you get to the white sand beach to the right of the harbor. It is a beautiful white sand beach in a protected cove; there is a pavilion and a canoe house but usually only one or two people there because it is not a marketed beach spot and tourists don't know about it.:p

Well now tourists do know about it!:p Thanks for the insider information!(clap)

cancel it then go to McDonalds that will put that surprise look on here face lol

Geez Jody, I think the point of the celebration of the 5 year was to have many more celebrations. I don't think the "Happy Meal Ho Down" would go over very well!(laugh)

Thanks everyone! No she isn't mad at all. Its gonna be a blast. I listen to hawaiian music all day at work now to get me even more excited about going (laugh)

Thanks for the info Stephanie we'll definitely check it out, sounds great!

Ruthie i'll give you a call if we decide to snorkel :)

Nah, reefers don't count as tourists. :) They are researchers on sabatical who have aloha aina. Tourists are the people who stick their head in the water at the beach and start jumping around and screaming at the top of their lungs that there are fish in there!!!! Then they chase the turtles (who are endangered), step and stand all over the corals and forget to use sunscreen. (scary)

Well now tourists do know about it!:p Thanks for the insider information!(clap)

Nah, reefers don't count as tourists. :) They are researchers on sabatical who have aloha aina. Tourists are the people who stick their head in the water at the beach and start jumping around and screaming at the top of their lungs that there are fish in there!!!! Then they chase the turtles (who are endangered), step and stand all over the corals and forget to use sunscreen. (scary)

OoooH so true!

Beckie