Andrew's 29 Gallon Biocube

NoobtoSalt

This weeks updates. Nothing new in the tank for a few weeks. still waiting for everything to cycle through better. I bought a bunch of hermits and snails and some of them will need to be replaced. I think the coral beauty has taken a liking to in this tank. So blue hippo tank in my tank and coral beauty in this one. Crazy...lol

IMG_1083.jpg

zoa's or polyps thanks to lewisriverfisherman a couple months ago.

IMG_1082.jpg

zoa's thanks to gill a few weeks back.

IMG_1081.jpg

Looking good!!! have you noticed any new Coraline growth on the rocks? It looks like you have some on the back wall' date=' thats always a good sign.[/quote']

Actually I didn't wipe down the tank...(whistle)

No new coraline growth that I've noticed yet, but from what you were saying it can't be much longer before my whole tank is purple.

• 2 weeks later...
Here's a new picture of Andrew's tank with his tang on the left side of the tank. His tank is pretty dirty right now and the glass shows it. We will be cleaning it up tomorrow.

Did this little blue die too (sad) Or is it a different one (scratch)

Here's a new picture of Andrew's tank with his tang on the left side of the tank. His tank is pretty dirty right now and the glass shows it. We will be cleaning it up tomorrow.

Did this little blue die too (sad) Or is it a different one (scratch)

This one is doing fine. It was in my other tank that it died. I'm heading out to Nicks shop today to get a new one, and I'm sure some other stuff as well.

Well I can't seem to find the blue hippo from this tank anymore... I think I just don't do well with little hippos..

I did however get some freebies from dee77 that I will be posting soon.

Thanks for the freebies. He was really excited to get some new corals for his tank.

Well I can't seem to find the blue hippo from this tank anymore... I think I just don't do well with little hippos..

I did however get some freebies from dee77 that I will be posting soon.

Thanks for the freebies. He was really excited to get some new corals for his tank.

ya no problem let me know when u wana trade again

Sorry still no pictures of the corals from dee77. I have had quite a few issues in this tank over the past few weeks. I've lost the blue hippo tang (just can't seem to find the fish). But I think the tang left something in the tank...

Called ICH!!!!!!!!!

I lost the Coral Beauty a week ago and today I lost one of the two Clarkii Clowns. The other Clarkii I have in the tank is trying to get cleaned up by the cleaner shrimp but the shrimp doesn't want anything to do with him. I don't want to sound negative but I don't think this fish is going to make it either. I have been feeding with heavy garlic and started to run some carbon to help clean the water a little more but my parameters seem to be fine. Either way when (if) I loose the other fish I think I'm just going to let the tank cycle for a little while so I can try to get the ICH outbreak under control.

I only have the one Clarkii left in the tank, no other fish.

Noob - I have a mini baby blue tang in my 36 bf, have had him since about last October. Shortly after I added him I evicted my cleaner shrimp, and got a tank raised neon stripe goby. He eats the ick off of the fish. Latches on to the tang like the fish that clean sharks. I have never had a problem w/ ich - knock on wood!!! Maybe this is a fish to consider?

Noob - I have a mini baby blue tang in my 36 bf' date=' have had him since about last October. Shortly after I added him I evicted my cleaner shrimp, and got a tank raised neon stripe goby. He eats the ick off of the fish. Latches on to the tang like the fish that clean sharks. I have never had a problem w/ ich - knock on wood!!! Maybe this is a fish to consider?[/quote']

I've never had a problem with cleaner shrimp not doing their job until now. Kind of odd.. Maybe they all didn't go to the same school. I think I will look into this neon goby. Sounds like a possibility to get for him.

Oh man that sucks!!! ICH is never fun.

Especially when it kills the whole tank!(flame)

One little fish caused this much damage. I'm not getting another blue hippo tang again! Amazing colors on the fish but just not going to go through this again. I'm actually going to be selling my big one here soon. It has been ICH free for almost a month now.

Especially when it kills the whole tank!(flame)

One little fish caused this much damage. I'm not getting another blue hippo tang again! Amazing colors on the fish but just not going to go through this again. I'm actually going to be selling my big one here soon. It has been ICH free for almost a month now.

I have to say I have had ich wipe out a tank in the past and I have also had it take out only one fish. From what I can tell the first time the tank was over stocked and the second time the tank was not. Although there may be different strains of ich, some being more aggressive than others? I guess what i'm trying t to say is you might not want to write off this whole experience as just the tang, there might be other underling issues at play.

I have to say I have had ich wipe out a tank in the past and I have also had it take out only one fish. From what I can tell the first time the tank was over stocked and the second time the tank was not. Although there may be different strains of ich' date=' some being more aggressive than others? I guess what i'm trying t to say is you might not want to write off this whole experience as just the tang, there might be other underling issues at play.[/quote']

I'm pretty sure it was the tangs fault.. And I was excited to post up my other tang in my 75 gallon tank for sale and the dumb thing has ich again as well. This one will pull through just fine like always but those little guys was just a bad idea for me.

coral is cooler than fish any ways i only have one fish but i never really see it

Yeah I just got done telling my son he won't get any fish for at least two months. He wasn't very happy but then I told him he will get some more corals and he seemed ok for now. He's only 6 so it's tough to tell him he can't have fish. But now he said that "when" his cleaner shrimp dies he wants a fire shrimp..(laugh). At least he's got good taste.

It is only running power compacts so it's just a softie tank but I'm sure I could come up with some more zoas or something in there.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes I am. Probably a good idea. Thanks again for all your help yesterday.

no problem, just didn't want you to throw some more fish in and then get another case of ich that killed everything again because of stress. now is your hippo's case of ich maybe coincidental? i'm beginning to think not.