75 gallon cube build update

mattv

Well here is the latest pictures. It been a day devoted to my reef tank.

After shoe horning what I could for a filter system under my tank I made a U turn and went to plan B. I relocated the tank in my livingroom and plumbed all of my filter equipment into my basement. I had alot of stuff sitting around so I put it all together and made my filter room under my stairs that stays about 60 degrees year round so it should offset the heat of the halides and gave me room to work. Thanks to everyone that helped with the system and I hope that Nyles approves of what I have done with his old tank. As you all know there is more to come, I just cant help myself(nutty)

DSC02839.jpg

DSC02838.jpg

DSC02837.jpg

DSC02836.jpg

DSC02835.jpg

DSC02834.jpg

DSC02833.jpg

DSC02832.jpg

DSC02831.jpg

Thanks, I just started going thru boxes of reef stuff thats been collected over the last 12 years and thought it was time to put it all to work. I figure its about 70 gallons of filter/refugeum. It has a protien skimmer rated for 250 gallons, 25 watt UV, @20lbs of live rock, 4 chamber lifegaurd with 2 paper-1 floss and 1 chemical. Led lighting over the chaeto chamber in the upper filter system. Two Little Giant pumps, one for the return and one feeding the canisters, uv and skimmer. I hate to say it but I bought the tank as a Christmas gift to myself last year and have spent most of my free hours building the cab and hood and designing the filter setup needless to say my wife is happy to see it come to a close after 5 months. Now I have to get back to work on the house.......bummer.

The heater was in the display when I was cycling with my live rock before the filter system was turned on, it has since been removed and replaced with a bigger/better one in the sump in the basement.