Where did my Green Mushroom Go??

NoobtoSalt

So I just got home and started to look at my tank like always and noticed that my green mushroom that was given to me from Saltfinsax was missing??(scary)

I looked all over the tank (yes I remember where I put it) but I couldn't find it anywhere...DOH!

I thought maybe a fish ate it or something..but then I noticed that it was in the center of my tank and it was moving...lol

I thought it was attached to a rock but low and behold it was attached to a shell...My largest zebra hermit crab decided he needed a new home and checked into the Mushroom motel..(laugh)

If I can get some video of it I will post it in the next few days.

My main question however is, will I get mushrooms growing else where in my tank now that it is mobile? Or are they good about just staying on the shell since it's moving constantly?

Haha that should look funny. I would think over time the shroom would start getting smaller as it might not be able to open up all the way as its dragged around. No biggy though as I have more.

So now that we know your Hermits are looking for new homes you might look at getting some different sized shells in there for the others.

Now that I think about it some more, the shroom being dragged over the other corals and them stinging each other probably isn't a good thing.

Eventualy the crab will eather want another shell or die. When that happens the shell will be left and the shroom will then multiply and spread out, that is if it dosn't get pissed with the constant moving and let go to drift into a better spot for it's self.

• 2 weeks later...

That is the cutest thing. We used to have a decorator crab that would put zoas and crazy rocks on him and they would open up while he was walking around. It was really cute, but then we started missing fish and Todd moved him to the "naughty" tank.