Finally pics of the tank

oldbrownies

Thanks Tam and Impur!

All i have for equipment shots is this one here, it shows my seio 2600 hiding under a mix of natural fiji rock, and home made cement rocks... which also show the reason for that dip on the right side... my favorite side too

DSC_0429.jpg

Under the tank all i have in the sump is a mag 9.5 and a sponge... the skimmer was removed, but soon I will be adding a small skimmer just for a little added safety and for areation.

The rock I used, which allowed me to make all those caves and holes is a mixute of 45# Fiji rock and about 40# homemade rock. The artificial rock is used in back to hold up the rock and underneath as little "feet" to hold rock off the sand, and on the left side to cover part of the overflow box, and all but 5 of my frags are mounted on these rocks too. After about a month these rocks start to grow a nice bright red coraline on them, and after about 3 months they look totally natural.

If only everyone else would catch on to your homemade "NATURAL" looking frag holders. They look much better than those flat wafers or ones that look like a cork shapped object you could 't' off a bowling ball from.

Did we forget to take equipment shots.....if we meant to, we forgot. (whistle) Next time.

Thanks R-3, I agree and I am thinking Tank 2 needs a school of blue chromis when it gets cycled.

The little rex damsels where in hiding for most of the pics, and they move around so fast that the ones they are in are little orange and purple blurrs.. but when they are out the 4 of them school up with the 6 chromis and they look really cool

If only everyone else would catch on to your homemade "NATURAL" looking frag holders. They look much better than those flat wafers or ones that look like a cork shapped object you could 't' off a bowling ball from..

Thanks ron.... Maybe one day someone else will learn to make a cement rock and smash it with a hammer, and use the rubble as frag rocks!!! Instead of those preformed ugly things.

I understand, max number of frags in min amount of space for factory style production, but I'm not sure that we ll need to do it that way (scratch)

Very cool. I like how you hid the Seio. I'm gonna be making some rock for my tank, what kind of mixture did you use? I'm considering 1 part sand (if i can find some playsand around here), 3 parts white portland cement, and 1 part rock salt to help make it porous. I'll also add some shells and small handfuls of crushed coral.

Very cool. I like how you hid the Seio. I'm gonna be making some rock for my tank' date=' what kind of mixture did you use? I'm considering 1 part sand (if i can find some playsand around here), 3 parts white portland cement, and 1 part rock salt to help make it porous. I'll also add some shells and small handfuls of crushed coral.[/quote']

I would use alot less cement, or that rock salt will never disolve away. My mix for the more porus rock was 1 part aragonite, 1 part "coral sand" 1 part cement, and 3 part salt, water flows real well through this rock

the more dense rocks, like above the seio, are near equal parts "coral sand" , aragonite, salt and cement, but they are too dense for my tastes

Nice pictures! So....where's the RBTA?

I don't think I will EVER see that thing.. If I look REALLY hard I can see the tips of a few tentacles, but thats it... Feeding it is kinda scarey because I never know what I am goin to hit on the way and that clown always attacks me and i have no warning

And Impur, if you can fit them, put em in the toilet tank, everytime you flush they would be washed with new water

I don't think I will EVER see that thing.. If I look REALLY hard I can see the tips of a few tentacles' date=' but thats it... Feeding it is kinda scarey because I never know what I am goin to hit on the way and that clown always attacks me and i have no warning[/quote']

oops....sorry, forgot to mention he was a killer clown. (laugh) I totally forgot about him biting me every time I stick my hand in the tank. Remember he was previously detained? Before, I had to have a net to scare him whenever I need to put my hand in the tank. Sorry man(whistle)

oops....sorry' date=' forgot to mention he was a killer clown. (laugh) I totally forgot about him biting me every time I stick my hand in the tank. Remember he was previously detained? Before, I had to have a net to scare him whenever I need to put my hand in the tank. Sorry man(whistle)[/quote']

eh, he's pretty good, just doesn't like me in his anemone... my scopas tang is the biter