RO/DI and chloramines

kendaroo

Hey everyone,

I have been researching RO/DI units since I'm tired of hauling water from the store (especially after last weekend when I took a sharp turn on the Ross Island Bridge and the full bucket in the trunk fell over with such force that the lid popped off and I lost 5 gallons!) Aghh... anyway...

So I read on the Water Bureau website that our water is indeed treated with chloramines. My question is: is the chloramine-specific unit *really* necessary or do standard RO/DI systems do a good enough job? I'm guessing I need the chloramine-specific unit, but I thought I would ask about what other people in the metro area are doing, just in case it would save me a little $.

Thanks!!

Kendra

good question. I don't have an answer.

I have a carbon filter on the house, then there are three pre filters before my RO, then three DI chambers after. I don't think any of them are for chloramines.

dsoz

Hey everyone,

I have been researching RO/DI units since I'm tired of hauling water from the store (especially after last weekend when I took a sharp turn on the Ross Island Bridge and the full bucket in the trunk fell over with such force that the lid popped off and I lost 5 gallons!) Aghh... anyway...

Yeah - I burned up a nice car stereo amplifier this way. (flame)(flame)