Maximum zoo growth conditions

Mr S

Has anyone experimented with the requirements that produce maximum zoo growth? At present I have 3 tanks with zoos in them. One tank has t-5's, one has 250 mogul with vho actinic supplements and one has 250 hqi with a t-5 actinic on it. All tanks are lplumbed together with additional Koralis in each tank. I am running 20 k mh on tanks also. I realize there are still factors not mentioned like depth, water quality, salinity level and parameters, and light cycle. Just curious what people have found out on their own.

You should bag them up and put them in my tank and we will see if they grow faster...lol

I found that switching from a canister filter to a sump,upgrading to a madda$$ skimmer and running SPS brand blue 20k instead of the phoenix or plus rite 14k, has doubled the growth time cycle.

Good point. Nice try newfisher!!!

I am really liking the color I am getting off my t-5's but seem to get best growth off of the hqi set up. Just my opinion. Wanted to see if others have the same results. I am in a unique situation because all the tanks, since they are plumbed together only have lites as the difference in each tank environment.

Roger. I think you have the best setup for testing . Especially with all 3 setup on the same loop. You can do some excellent experimenting with the lighting. I think the students would have a lot of fun with the tracking and how light works in conjunction with growth. Not a lot of time left this year. Maybe a start up project for next. I sure would like to see the results. You could have different/same depth comparison.