WTT for RBTA

salt

I would like to trade for a rbta I have a koralline biodenitrator w/ehiem or 150w coral life hqi. I also have a Korallin calcium reactor and co2 tank but would need cash along with the rbta for that, unless its a huge untra bright rbta :) thanks !

Where in Oregon are you?

I have 8 rbtas to choose from right now. Two of them are reccently split though...

The largest one that I would be willing to trade is about 4" across.

Red tentacles, green oral disk, and purple foot.

Here are some pics of the origional "mother" of all the anemones in my tank.

IMG_5860.jpg

IMG_4434b.jpg

I could be interested in the Coralife HQI. Can you give some more information about what it comes with, or what it looks like (model ID). Even a picture of it would be nice.

dsoz

does RTBA sting the SPS or other corals?

They can, and will, if they are next to the coral.

For the longest time I wondered which would win, the RBTA or the hydnophora. I thought of the Hydno as the biggest, baddest, coral in the tank. If anything came near a hydno, it would send out 1,000,000,000s of little white threads that would sting the offending coral to death. When I asked Patrick at Saltwater FantaSeas, he said that the BTA would win because it it started to loose, it would move away. I did not believe it then, but I do now. One of the anemones that I have is in a hole that is near a hydnophora. When the anemone extends to the fullest, it will brush up against the hydno. The hydno is more than half dead since the anemone got large enough to touch it.

But I also have had xenia grow up right next to a different BTA with no problems...

I had an acropora (oregon blue tort) glued to a rock. An anemone moved onto the rock and was touching the Acro for a few days before I had time to do anything more than a quick check the tank before leaving for work. When I did have the time to move the anemone, the coral was still doing well and not bothered by the anemone, which was touching the coral for a couple of days.

Other people may chime in with stories of their own. I tend to think that if you can find a place in a rock that has a hole big enough for the foot and deep enough for the anemone to retract into, and there is enough light, gentle enough flow, and enough food, then the anemone will tend to be happy and not move around very much. When they move, that is when it is dangerous.

dsoz

Right on Dennis, my rose is next to a hydno and it rules. The hydno has the web out all the time but it doesnt bother the Anemone. I have to keep all corals away from the big mama Green Anemone, I built a rock wall around the area to contain it, its been in the same spot for years. When the others pop up near a coral I apply a little Tropic Marine Aiptas stuff which just irritates them , after a few times they uasually move. The rose did kill several heads of Euphelia so i moved the coral, its stayed in the same spot for along time now

I would advise folks with smaller tanks to be aware that they will need to move corals around until a Anemone settles. If you have fixed corals you may want to pass

I also have a RBTA I would be willing to trade. Its also about 4". It split about 3 months ago, is healthy, and has just been growing since. Doesn't wander around my tank. I can load a pic tomorrow night when I get home. Heading to portland area next weekend, so could deliver if you're around the portland area.

Most folks who have RBTA's sell them for around $40-$50. So you are giving WAY too much in trade for what you are looking for.

In my opinion. I won the Share the Love anemone, and really don't have use for it. I will give it to you for a frag or 2.

Most folks who have RBTA's sell them for around $40-$50. So you are giving WAY too much in trade for what you are looking for.

I am also trying to find out what else he wants besides the BTA. I agree, a BTA for a used light fixture is too one sided as a trade. But what does he want that I have...

dsoz

To be honest I was trying to sell the fixture for 40 dollars and couldn't everyone wanted it but then would back out. So to me this is a more than fair deal!! I do appreciate the concern though! Please close this thread as I have found what I am looking for thanks!