I need opinions on these lights

Nate

You need the marine lighting system, not the freshewater one LOL

And of all of thsoe, I like this one the most....http://cgi.ebay.com/30-Metal-Halide-Aquarium-Reef-Marine-Light-250-Watts-/300420315776?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f2723a80

its 120, its perfect for you, and you can keep anything you want under it.

and if you have the standard 29g, its only 30" long, so this is the fixture for you :P

Both of those look ok, the price is nice, but if ya havent noticed, in this hobbie and basicaly life ya get what ya pay for. I find it hard to beleave that the T5 fixtures are any good concidering that they are cheeper than buying a standard floresent fixture from petco. The MH fixtures prob arnt any better eather considering they are 1/3 the cost of a name brand IE "quality brand"

Eddie-when you came and bought that zoa from me-the lights I had are what came from that guy-you saw my tank

For what its worth, my last 3 fixtures I have bought came from those guys.

The T5 set up, I have over a 20 gallon frag tank 4-24" T5's-I got lucky and it came with its own programmable timer-so I run actinics and 14K and the moon lights all on seperte timers-65.00 delivered

My dual 250DE MH w/4 -65 watt actinics came from him as well 360.00 delivered-they get diferent set ups from timie to time.

Sign up for micrsofts "bing cash back" its free and you will save 8% on any buy it now.

If I was to buy another light, he is where I would turn to 1st-but thats me-

I think the reason for the lower price is because of the bulbs. The fixture is probably fine but the temperature on those bulbs it too low for a reef aquarium. I.E. Better add in enough to replace the bulbs when figuring the cost.

I think the reason for the lower price is because of the bulbs. The fixture is probably fine but the temperature on those bulbs it too low for a reef aquarium. I.E. Better add in enough to replace the bulbs when figuring the cost.

I had tested them initially with a PAR meter-not bad, but I agree about replacing them.

I bought the 'replacement" bulbe from another seller on eBay and the mh ARE 22.00 a piece and the actinics where 14.00. I ran them for nearly a year and the PAR values they put out I would go toe to toe w/ any "name" brand.

Good point to consider though Rick about swapping the bulbs-

I ended up ditching the "plusrite" bulbs because I saw Franks tank running the 14K phoenix and that was the look I wanted. I have paid the 65-85 per bulb and those plusrites did not do me wrong-If it was not the blue look the Phoenix outs out, I would still be using them. I actually have the pr of DE 250 20K in the garage-LOL

I hate all the bulb hype, I have posted and replied to those threads so much, I now usually sit back and say "why bother"

someones just gonna bash them saying they die fast-maybe I got lucky-(whistle)

I have a store on eBay and sell there weekly is why if anyone noticed I am always mentioning eBay-I am on the site multiple times a day-FWIW

As a seller I HATE them-greedy SOB's

• 2 weeks later...