Black Limpit

MrScuito

Here are some pics of my "Black Limpit". I had a sudden massive hair algae out break but its quickly comming under control. Mostly due to his appitite for it. Notice him/her cleaning the candy cane so gently and never even budges it even though hes bigger, its not sucured and he goes all over and around it. If anybody finds where to buy these guys please let me know.

post-6144-141867781703_thumb.jpg

post-6144-141867781706_thumb.jpg

post-6144-141867781709_thumb.jpg

post-6144-141867781713_thumb.jpg

mine used to come out only at night but now its comes out all the time and from what I have seen I dont think it eats anything but algaes (maybe not encrusting). and most of my zoas/polyps and frogspawn/torch dont even react or close when being cleaned by him.

yeah I'm sure it was cause a left a trap in my tank for 3 days with a lota food to catch a six-line, and I forgot to turn the sump back on when I fed them after I caught the six line untill late the next day, and then I forgot to turn the skimmer back on for 2 days after that.

I'm back on schedule now though and increased my WC from 7g/w to 10g/w, added a bag of cardon to sump, lights from 14hr on to 18hr on exp. cause I'm short a light at the moment, skimmer 24/7, feed fish everyother day, and added 6 asstd snails, 6 scarlet herms and, an emerald crab.

I went from 0% hair and cyno to 98% rock and sand corverage in less then 3 days its been about 10 days now since I started my retaliation and I'm down to 25%-30% coverage. all my newly uncoverd rock is a real pretty pastle purple and pink unlike before (bonus). I do have a spot that turn red with cyno. Not sure how to deal with that yet.