Kenya Removel

MrScuito

do need to take them out of the tank? and will superglue work to attach to other rock else where

No, you need to wedge them or just toss them in a tank with rubble/sand and they will attach, If you want to "start" them wedge them in a 1" pvc cap with sand and rubble

Will my 26w CF sump light be enough to keep them alive untill attached? About how long does that take?

probably but they wont be happy if they are used to hgher wattage light and wont be as full, might look a little withered but they are pretty hardy. A few days to a week to attach

I've also had luck with the rubberband trick. Band the tree to a rock - not too tight, not too loose - and it should attach. For shrooms, I use and old clear plastic container and drill/poke holes in it for a little flow. Throw some rubble in the bottom and put the shroom in. Depending on your flow, you may need to use the lid too. In a few days the shroom will be attached to the rubble and you can glue the rubble to whichever rock you want the shroom on. HTH

-Dave

For Kenya tree corals you can use the rubber band or even thread to tie them to a rock. Just be sure you don't make it too tight or it will cut through the flesh and they will come loose. For mushrooms the above suggestion to use a container with some gravel in it works well. For fragging the Kenya tree coral you can use a razor blade or other knife and cut the branches. Mushrooms are even easier. You can take a pair of scissors and just clip off pieces of the mushroom. The pieces will develop into new mushrooms and the original will heal back up.

I can show you how to do both later today when I come by. I have a rock here that has both on it (One huge purple mushroom about 3" in diameter). I was going to clip part of it off anyway for you but I'll just wait and bring the rock with me and do it there.