Bad day.

Nate213

Can you dig thru your bank account to help in proving you bought the items to do the oil change yourself?

I know its a longshot but wanted to suggest it.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am going to do that tonight. My wife called the dealership yesterday and talked to the sales guy that originally sold us the car & service agreement. They called us back today and suggested the same thing. After several more conversations with the sales person and service manager, it seems that they want to help us out, but their hands are somewhat tied with corporate Mazda. I'm still hoping they will make it right.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am going to do that tonight. My wife called the dealership yesterday and talked to the sales guy that originally sold us the car & service agreement. They called us back today and suggested the same thing. After several more conversations with the sales person and service manager' date=' it seems that they want to help us out, but their hands are somewhat tied with corporate Mazda. I'm still hoping they will make it right.[/quote']

Glad I came up with a new angle...... hopefully it works out for you.

At least you should not have to worry about getting jacked around by the dealer you got your truck from. I like those guys.I just wish I could get myself to drive a Ford;)

No I dont have to worry about them. I may have paid a tiny bit more than if I drove a few hundred miles away, but I got exactly what I wanted and the piece of mind that they will back any issues I have.

I have been a Chevy guy most of my life, and my last rig was a Dodge. Never owned a Ford before - This is my first. When we went shopping I wasn't even considering them. My buddy told me that if I was shopping all the brands that I had to go and at least look at them. Glad I did, they are much nicer than the new Chevy. We almost bought a Tundra, but the Ford has a better interior, more room, and the larger box. Plus I really wanted to back the manufacturer that didn't have to get bailed out by the government.

• 3 weeks later...

So we got the car back on Monday. The motor wasnt toast after all, just the turbo. Still cost a small fortune to get fixed ($4k), but that is better than $9k. We did find most of the records and it turns out that my wife went almost 500 miles over the 7500 mile interval since the last change. So Mazda wouldn't cover the repair. The better news is that the dealership replaced the turbo, flushed the engine and gave it a clean bill of health, so Mazda is going to reinstate the factory warranty and my service agreement will be in good standing for future repairs. (That is of course as long as we still follow the recommended maintenance.) That was a pretty expensive lesson. Keep your receipts and watch the mileage like a hawk.

So we got the car back on Monday. The motor wasnt toast after all' date=' just the turbo. Still cost a small fortune to get fixed ($4k), but that is better than $9k. We did find most of the records and it turns out that my wife went almost 500 miles over the 7500 mile interval since the last change. So Mazda wouldn't cover the repair. The better news is that the dealership replaced the turbo, flushed the engine and gave it a clean bill of health, so Mazda is going to reinstate the factory warranty and my service agreement will be in good standing for future repairs. (That is of course as long as we still follow the recommended maintenance.) That was a pretty expensive lesson. Keep your receipts and watch the mileage like a hawk.[/quote']

And don't every buy a mazda!DOH!