Adding some rock and coral to 29G

nyoder23

So I finally got to add some rock and coral to the 29G BioCube I have. We will see how things go. Looking to do a light upgrade to the hood. I guess this isn't bad for starting out. Have to thank Mike for some frags. Really ice of you.

post-6280-141867781654_thumb.jpg

post-6280-141867781658_thumb.jpg

post-6280-141867781661_thumb.jpg

post-6280-141867781665_thumb.jpg

Was that rock fresh or from an existing tank? It may have a short cycle even if it is from a tank.

Is that a feather duster in the first pic? If it is, and there is a cycle, then the feather duster may not make it. :(

You should monitor the ammonia, nitrite and nitrate for a couple of weeks to judge the affect of adding rock to your tank.

Looks good. When you make sure the tank has cycled, let me know. I will give you some other corals to get your tank more full. Not much, some mushrooms and zoas, but it is something. :) I live in Oregon City.

dsoz

see i am new to this so what do you mean by cycle? Yea it may sound like a dumb question. What exactly happens this tank was given to me for free after 2 years of running kept the same water during transport. So just getting into this hobbie.