skimmer not making many bubbles.

h2odvl

Just got a PS-1000 from joel and got it in my sump pluged it in and I'm not getting the white foam bubbles like i see in skimmers. The bubbles that are there seem to be really big and very few of them. Did some searching and checked the common stuff like venturi tube above water level, it's not clogged, everything is new, mesh wheel looks good.

On the outlet of the pump is an 90 the screws on to the pump and slips on the inlet to the skimmer body, I have it screwed all the way on but it's still moves/loose I think it may be missing a o-ring/washer but I don't see bubbles coming from there when it it running, so I don't think thats the problem?

If I have the pump disco from the skimmer body and running it seems like it's makeing more bubble and they are smaller then when attached. The tube the enters the body of the skimmer has a T on it that runs horizontal in the skimmer, this seems fairly common but could the water/bubbles hitting the T cause the bubble to form large bubbles again?

You just set up the tank right? Do you have your cycle done? Any live rock yet? When I set one up with a fresh tank it didn't seem to work well either. After live rock, a cycle and some fish it seemed to work as designed. Water level will play a part too on how efficient it will be. Ime

I agree, how deep is the water that it's in? I'm thinking nthat it might not be in deep enouph, the higher the water level the less back pressure on the pump. You might also try sticking a toothpick through the ventury tube hole, it may have some saly creep in it but not totally cloged.

Well I've tried 5-10" of water and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

It's in just rodi water right now as i'm waiting for the tank to fill up.

Got a rubber washer for the outlet nice and snug but not making more bubbles.

I left it running for about four hours and checked it again no difference. (i didn't think there would be)

If I'm not mistaken I think I read somewhere that a skimmer won't do anything with fresh water, only salt water. I read this thread at the beginning and had nothing to offer but when you say you're running rodi water it kind of popped in my mind, maybe wait until you're running it with salt water