12g nano, very first sw tank

Jules

Update. I had moved all contents to a ten gallon, then moved it all back when i moved to a new location. Everything but the cerith snails survived. (I didn't take them out of the sand during the change, oops). I bought 4 more.

So, just a blue legged hermit and the snails atm.

Nitrates are very high and I need to get a nicer clean up crew in there to get it into tip top shape for a couple more fishes.

post-6292-141867759748_thumb.jpg

I noticed your heater looks like a Marineland Stealth heater... they had a big recall on that line. They had a bunch of them fail and kill people's fish. I have a couple of them myself, but took them out of the tanks and got different ones. Even if yours is working well now, I would take it out to be safe. Better to spend another $20 on a new heater than lose a fish or your corals.

Oh really? I didn't know that. I have had that in since the beginning and haven't had to touch it. I would rather be safe then sorry though.

Thanks for the heads up.

found a link for you: http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml11/11202.html

I was at the Wet Spot one day and they told me about it... pretty recent recall.

• 2 weeks later...

How are those mantis shrimp?

I looked up some info on them and they are some awnry buggers! Thought about doing the same thing just to have something in there now that i got a 20g started.

They seem to be pretty entertaining at feeding time from what I have seen.

• 2 weeks later...

A pair of clowns

Thank you Oceans in a Box.. I picked up these two for my 12 gallon. They are a happy pair, a little spat here and there but not too much yet. I am glad to finally have some fish in this tank now. (They are the only fish in there)

post-6292-141867759829_thumb.jpg