Gen-X Ozone Generator 0-250 ml/h

Frank

• 2 weeks later...

Ozone (O3) has a better oxidation potential than oxigen (O2). Adding ozone to the water will increase your redox potential with good effects on your water quality.

The redox potential is considered by most as an effective way to monitor the health of your system and in the german (berlin) approach is considered as one of the most important values in a saltwater tank.

You should constantly monitor your orp with an orp probe that you can attach to the Apex. Then you can set up the controller for adding ozone when needed.

I would suggest you to read Thiel for a better understanding of the redox. You can find his books used on amazon for a few bucks.

Ozone (O3) has a better oxidation potential than oxigen (O2). Adding ozone to the water will increase your redox potential with good effects on your water quality.

The redox potential is considered by most as an effective way to monitor the health of your system and in the german (berlin) approach is considered as one of the most important values in a saltwater tank.

You should constantly monitor your orp with an orp probe that you can attach to the Apex. Then you can set up the controller for adding ozone when needed.

I would suggest you to read Thiel for a better understanding of the redox. You can find his books used on amazon for a few bucks.

Geez Alex, I thought you had a marketing major?(laugh) I don't think I have heard the term redox since chemistry 101!:eek: Thanks for the information, I tried to breifly explain to Beth oxidation and reduction again but it's been a while for me too and then I just stopped caring lol!(laugh)

In high school I had to study chemistry really deep :-)

I wanted to be a doctor then I changed my mind

I still have bad dreams about that lol

About Thiel, I think I have all of his books, and somehow they are kinda similar. I would suggest this: "Advanced Reefkeeping I: Techniques & Instrumentation".

Keep in mind that most of his techniques are obsolete, but it is still a good reading.

The redox part is really well written

• 1 month later...