Holy fungia!

grassi

It's beautiful but really 3000 dollars?(nutty) Really? Maybe for some couple who are willing to get this instead of an engagement ring.:D

Then again you may lose an engagement ring or have it stolen but you would have insurance and there's not the risk that an engagement ring is going to die on you.

Can you get insurance for corals?(scratch)

Well Mick why don't you be sneaky about it and ask him: Does the 3000 dollar price tag include the camera and photshop sofware!;)

You gonna give me the money to make that purchase Kim? LOL Besides, I can spend 3 grand on a tank, an be a lot happier, than having one fungia LOL.

I love that nobody has bought it. He got it in a shipment and turned around and posted it for $5000.

What i don't understand is how that is not trying to turn a profit on a coral, something that is against Reef Central's user agreement. But they still let him try to sell it and even clean up his sale thread since everyone calls him out for the price.

I hope he never finds a buyer.

What i don't understand is how that is not trying to turn a profit on a coral, something that is against Reef Central's user agreement. But they still let him try to sell it and even clean up his sale thread since everyone calls him out for the price.

Me too. There are many weird things on RC.

I love that nobody has bought it. He got it in a shipment and turned around and posted it for $5000.

I hope he never finds a buyer.

Really? That's not right! I will call him out on it! I'm not shy!:D I will sign up for reef central right now.:D I don't think I will ask my photoshop camera question. I cannot imagine someone willing to pay that kind of money for one coral but you never know. It kind of reminds me of the nanotank on craigslist a while back that someone was trying to sell for 1000 dollars.

Update:

So I posted on r2r that 1700 dollars was a lot of money for one coral even a nice one and that I also thought that turning a profit on a coral was against the user agreement and my post was removed:

"edited by revhtree*** Sorry were not going to have these type of post. PM him if you want to know."

I didn't even ask if the camera and the photoshop software came along with the price?

Go figure... why would they support this?

If I had the money to blow, I'd buy it, an then turn around an give any and all babies away for free, and make sure he knows that they're being given away for free :P

I have no idea how that would prove any kind of point to him, but, it'd make me feel better for spending that kind of money on a coral LOL.

I'd do the same thing to all those 2k per eye chalices too LOL.

If I had the money to blow, I'd buy it, an then turn around an give any and all babies away for free, and make sure he knows that they're being given away for free :P

I have no idea how that would prove any kind of point to him, but, it'd make me feel better for spending that kind of money on a coral LOL.

I'd do the same thing to all those 2k per eye chalices too LOL.

LOL feel free to buy any of my overpriced corals and give them away to prove a point! I can sell you a birdnest frag for one thousand dollars! (laugh) It will really hurt my feelings then if you give it away for free!

Seriously, I'm not sure why my post was removed. I sent a PM to the moderator. 1700 dollars is just ridiculous and not sure why the site would promote this.

He probably knows somebody who knows somebody an is therefore untouchable, you know how these internet things work LOL.

And your right, it wouldn't prove a point to him, but, it would make me feel better and probably give me mad karma, to give away things like that for free, and honestly, I could use all of the good karma I can get my hands on LOL.

Okay so revhtree the owner/administrator of reef 2 reef was kind enough to answer my question about removing my post and here was the answer:

Well the threads of others is not a place to debate what they are selling. It is just common courtesy. Hope you understand.

So this was my response:

Thank you for responding to me. I am new to this site so I am not sure of the proper way to address concerns.

I understand common courtesy but I am surprised that such an outrageous price is allowed. Is there a way to flag a post like in craigslist or a way to report the post? I'm not the only one who feels this way about this particular post. I would report this to the moderator but I'm guessing you are the moderator so it seems you support this kind of ridiculous pricing.

It's also common courtesy to try not to stick it to some unsuspecting newbie who is stupid enough to spend 5000 dollars on one coral.

It definitely does not give me a "warm fuzzy collaborative" feeling about your site

and the response to this was:

Well we do not dictate what prices anyone puts on their corals. If you like it buy it, if not don't. There is no way we can police prices and I apologize for that. Buyer Beware in other words!