GetTanked salt

markdadof2

Just got my first back dropped off today of this salt. I talked to the owner / creator when I ordered and he was nice enough to send some Kalk my way as well to try. When I can do the next water change I will try and post and give my opinion of the salt (the 'company' says I will notice a difference in my corals within 24 hours).

-Mark

I have used this salt for about 8 months now and overall, I'm impressed. You will immediately notice the difference when mixing and/or aerating. It is clear to me that "conventional" salts have added so many buffers and anti-caking agents, residues get left in mixing buckets.

This salt almost feels wet when you open the bag...it mixes clear and leaves no residue. It has also been a blessing to have calcium packet separate. I have vasillated between kalk/ca reactor, just ca reactor, just dripping kalk.

I have taken my ca reactor offline and now just drip kalk. Needless to say, changing gears like that can screw up ca levels and being able to mix salt with out calcium when levels are too high is brilliant and a life saver.

Levels of potassium and mag are slightly higher which is good. Parameters are always dead on. I do think it improved coral health, but my tank was failing due to persistent hair algae and caked pipes and in need of a tear down, so it was somewhat like putting new tires on a beater car...how much improvement can you really expect?

Negatives--slightly more expensive--having to stay on ordering (availability) and--my last 2 shipments have come with bags broken open due to rough handling in delivery. Not a deal breaker, still usable but a real pain.

I will be interested in hearing thoughts...

DrMerle

Will be very interested. When I do my 3 week, 50 gal water change with Kent. I see a definite difference in 24 hr. at the most.Usually within a 6 hr. period. I found it to be the most consistant. What is the link to the other salt???? Please post