It may be a long shot, but...

KMiller

After browsing this site for quite some time today, I feel that my tank sucks!! I was wondering if anyone wants to come over and give me some pointers/advice , tell me what I need to buy/get rid of, etc etc etc...

Any biters?(naughty)

Why don't you post a picture of your tank so we can give you pointers ( a hard time) privately?:D

I have the answer! You and I will each get a rbta from Andy, add a yellow tang (should be ok with the sailfin in a 46,but no more) ,I know an inexpensive place to get one and I need one for the corner tank also. While I'm there, I will pick up that case of Milwaukee's best from Emerald and we will have at least 3or 4 shiney round door prizes for the meet n greet when I get back. That will add some color,look amazing and free beer whooo hooo! Talk to CA2OR or R3, they always has some great zoo's to trade

LOL! I remember a thread where Grassi was offering microbrew for macroalgae. You could really make a trip of it and get hooked up. (naughty)You can go pick up my frag from Reefnjunkie too!

I do have a 6 pack of heineken in the fridge right now!

Kmiller IMO (first time I have used that abbreviation, been waiting to do that) I think you need some LPS and SPS corals to add color. Can you do that with your lighting? Acans have a lot of nice color and acros and montis also have nice color.

You can get some good deal on frags in this forum if you jump on them!

Grassi can set you up with some nice ricordeas too!

Not sure what I can do with my lighting (AquaticLife 4 bulb T5HO) and am pretty new to the coral keeping business (as in just started in the last month new, when I got my light) and I am not sure how to keep those corals... are they expensive? hard to keep?

Not sure what I can do with my lighting (AquaticLife 4 bulb T5HO) and am pretty new to the coral keeping business (as in just started in the last month new' date=' when I got my light) and I am not sure how to keep those corals... are they expensive? hard to keep?[/quote']

I'm not as familiar with T5s. I have halides. I'm pretty sure you can have hard corals with that lighting but hopefully someone with 1/2 a clue will chime in. You can get frags from the expensive to the inexpensive sometimes only 10 to 20 dollars a frag. It depends . I seem to pick the expensive ones. I'm fairly new to hard corals just about 4 months now but be warned it can be a very dangerous addictive path! The hard corals also eat up calcium like crazy. Zoas are usually pretty easy to care for and also can add color. It seems the TOM shots always have a lot of hard corals in them.

How many hours a day do you run the lights?

How often do you feed? What do you feed?

Recent set of water params?

From the picture it sort of looks like both pumps are pointing upwards - are you getting enough flow along the bed?

11 hrs a day, 9 daylight and 2 actinic only

I feed the Aquadine Marine pellets. as a treat I also feed Rods Food

Ammonia 0, PH 8.2, Nitrate 0/5ish, nitrite 0, calcium 420,

I do have the 2 Koralia 3's pointing semi upwards (one towards the front, 1 towards the back) and I also have a small Rio that is skimming over the sands surface, for flow down below

LOL! I remember a thread where Grassi was offering microbrew for macroalgae. You could really make a trip of it and get hooked up. (naughty)You can go pick up my frag from Reefnjunkie too!

He has been to my house-it was not a frag but my whole LPS-(laugh)

Man KM, it sounds on the surface as everything "should be" fine. Thats one of the frustraing things- no "this is the answer" to mant varibles.

I had my money on junk test kits ( the strips are junk-and that is not just my opinion) and once you got an accurate test you were going to find high NO3????

Lost-(its not just a TV show)

Man KM, it sounds on the surface as everything "should be" fine. Thats one of the frustraing things- no "this is the answer" to mant varibles.

I had my money on junk test kits ( the strips are junk-and that is not just my opinion) and once you got an accurate test you were going to find high NO3????

Lost-(its not just a TV show)

I agree, and it is so frusterating!!

I think its weird you're still getting blooms. I was getting them when even I did a water change when I first set up my tank. But thats because I was using treated tap water. Now I have a RO/DI and my problem went away. Have you looked into dosing vodka?

I think it may be because I just switched from Cf's to t5ho's and add some LS in place of my old cc. but still(scratch)