I have been waiting for this

CA2OR

Today is a wonderful day. I just saved $90+ on my cable, internet, and phone bill's....plus a bunch of headaches....at the same time I raised my up and down speeds to 25mb each way. How do you ask? By ditching comcast's incompetent arses.

I am so happy. The most rewarding part about it was listening to comcast beg to keep me....like Mcdonalds says....I'm loving it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Today is a wonderful day. I just saved $90+ on my cable, internet, and phone bill's....plus a bunch of headaches....at the same time I raised my up and down speeds to 25mb each way. How do you ask? By ditching comcast's incompetent arses.

I am so happy. The most rewarding part about it was listening to comcast beg to keep me....like Mcdonalds says....I'm loving it.

That is who I am stuck with-if the wind blows to hard I loose wireless, or if it rains to hard-gladly I live in Portland and rain is something we only see 266 days out of 365.

What did you switch to?

Re: I have been waiting for this

FIOS and Vonage for phone....FIOS is honoring promotions for length of contract....we are getting over 100 channels more than we had....I actually put comcasts crappy equipment outside on the porch and let them know they should probably come get it fast just in case it rains

Yeah, FIOS rocks! When I moved here from Corvallis, where I had Comcast, they said they would charge me $40 to rehook it up here in Beaverton. This really annoyed me since I was a pre-existing customer and they usually have some kind of deal for free installation. I said screw it and went to dish and fortunately FIOS was available in my area already. Comcast speeds always sucked in Corvallis and I was luck to get 20kB/sec. upload. Went the Qwest DSL route and was getting roughly 80kB/sec upload for the same price. When I got the FIOS here in Beaverton, I'm getting ~180kB/sec upload and 1.1 MB/sec download upload for the price of my old DSL. I'll never go with Comcast if I can help it. Couldn't stand all those hidden fees................a franchise fee really piss#d me off when I started seeing it on the bill! Even went the Dish Network route to avoid them! I think the only way I would ever go back to them is if they offered ala cart programming

I only have comcrap for my phone and internet-I am on an old plan through Direct TV and would not switch-

But would kick the phone and internet to the curb if there was something more appealing.

I feel sorry for anyone that has comcast cable-They feed on the Blazer fans since they own a monopoly on those broadcasts-for now anyway

I have comcast and have not had any problems with the internet or cable.

I had Direct TV but will never get them again. I liked the NFL sunday ticket but cancelled when i moved last year. Major ripoff artists! We cancelled their service and they said since we got another DVR that that committed us to another 2 year contract even though there was nothing stating this and charged us 300 bucks for breaking the contract early! Piss poor customer service. Could not speak to anyone who had a brain cell and they refused to let me speak to anyone with a brain cell. Probably are all sharing one brain cell between them. Reported them to the BBB and still no resolution. Then they had the nerve 2 months later to charge our credit card even more money.(flame)

Major greedy a holes. Sad part is I probably would have switched back to them but never again!(scratch)

lame customer service? you sure you arent talking about comcast? their techs are a joke...both their tier one and tier two's...give us REAL techs a bad rap.

At last I could speak to a person at Comcast more fun then yelling at a computer voice! I agree Comcast can be bad but Direct TV actually made me appreciate them. That's saying more about my truly awful experience with Direct TV. I have verizon cell service but was going to wait and see if FIOS was all it's cracked up to be.

I have not had one bad thing happen on FIOS from a service or price standpoint. Super fast speed and reliable. I get close to the advertised speed and don't have the speed fluctuations I had with Comcast waaaaaaaaaaaaay back.

LOL.

Yeah, but is so much fun gripping.

When I cancelled they told me that I had to have a reason! I told them that that was illegal to require a reason. So they just hawwed around and finally I told then that my reason for cancelling service was "that the sky is blue, when it is not cloudy".

not_this_crap_again.jpg

Haven't seen the HD quality on FIOS but on Comcast it was HORRIBLE - they compressed the living cr@p out of every HD station they carried. Comcast DVR wasn't even worth the trip to the garbage can to throw it out. DirecTV does a nice job with their HD channels - customer service is just OK but most of my account management is done through their website so it's kind of a push. The iPhone app they have makes it dead simple to record something on the DVR if I'm away.

Haven't seen the HD quality on FIOS but on Comcast it was HORRIBLE - they compressed the living cr@p out of every HD station they carried. Comcast DVR wasn't even worth the trip to the garbage can to throw it out. DirecTV does a nice job with their HD channels - customer service is just OK but most of my account management is done through their website so it's kind of a push. The iPhone app they have makes it dead simple to record something on the DVR if I'm away.

My dad has DirecTV and everytime he's at my place he makes a statement about how much clearer my HD is compared to his.

Different areas i guess.

I considered becoming a comcast tech because I am bad at network stuff :]

I asked the guy who did my setup (the jerks lock their box outside so I couldn't hook up my own internet...then they hooked up the wrong line on me.) what certifications he had...A+, Net+, CCNA, MCSE...He said he had none, and comcast does their own training. I loled.

My dad has DirecTV and everytime he's at my place he makes a statement about how much clearer my HD is compared to his.

Different areas i guess.

So many variables here such as dish alignment, HDTV settings, set top box connections and on and on. If you hop on the Google you can see I'm not the only one noticing the picture quality at Comcast.

well I have had direct tv, dish, comcast, and now fios....so far fios takes the cake.

I have 42" Sony Bravia so tv helped on a lot but as stated fios has seriously brought the wow factor back