Why is this spam?

MadReefer

I started making my own soap and now it is the only thing I trust before and after I put my hand in my tank. To me this is just as aquarium related as a dehumidifier is. Anyway, I would like to offer it to other reefers and I made a post and it's gets deleted. Then I read the rules and realize that I made some mistakes and repost within the rules. This is again deleted and I'm told this is spam. The only reason I posted on this site is so the friends I met on my short stay in Oregon can see and might take advantage. Why is this bad? When I posted on the WMAS site people wished me well and asked questions and that was it. Why is PNWMAS so different?(scratch)

Holy SHIZZY!! Rrrrrrreeerrrr!! FFFFFFFTT! FFFFFFFFT!! FFFFFFFFFT!!! SOUNDS LIKE A CAT FIGHT IN HERE!!! HA!!

I THINK THAT SOAP IS A GREAT IDEA!!!! I WANT IN!! WHERE DO I GET IT!! CAN I DISTRIBUTE IT HERE IN EUGENE....THE HIPPIES WILL GO CRAZY!!!

Seriously!! I always am weary about putting my hand in my tank and especially rinse and rinse and rinse after I wash and wash and wash!!!

Sunshine and Smiles,

Clay

Since you are such an expert on what should be adult behavior I thought I should ask you if these questions are alright to ask the mods.

Why is this spam? How should I tell my friends about the peace of mind that using this soap before and after putting my hands in my reef tank brings me? How should I tell my friends on this board that I started a business that I am proud of?

Also, is there a way to ask all the mods? the board?

Thanks

And closed. We need to be a bit nicer to each other.

Madreefer,

I understand your mad (sorry could not resist the pun), I am not the one who deleted your thread but I can tell you why it was deleted. Whom ever did delete the thread should have sent you an explanation via PM, apparently something was missed. I apologize on behalf of the mods for this break down in communication. Since this thread has taken place so publically, it is clear you would like the resolution to be such.

In your threads you stated you and your wife had started a business. You can not advertise a business on this site without being a sponsor. It is a pretty black and white rule. Your business has a website, it is running a promotional offer. Since you are now calling your self a business you have to follow the rules set up for businesses who wish to operate on this site.

This rule was in place long before your posts, and as moderators we are here to enforce the rules so they are fair to everyone. We can't have you advertising your business without paying the sponsorship fees as it is unfair to the rest of the sponsors. In the last 24 hours I have personally banned three other members for promoting there business without consent. Your kind of a special case.

If you would have just made the one post in the Non reef classified section it might have been fine IMO, but choosing to make multuple posts in various forums on the site lead you to the classification of spam.

Normally spammers are removed immediatley from this site without warning or cause for explanation, since you are clearly not the typical spammer, and probably unaware IMO that you were violating these rules, this action will not be taken against you.

Perhaps there is some flexibility that can be made for your case, but it is something we will need to discuss. I am not sure given the situation how much flexibility we have, it is not soley my decision.

Again I apologize for the break down in communication. I hope we can resolve this amicably. I do wish you the best of luck with your endeavor.