HUNGRY Yuma

sharoleb

Well a few months ago I fragged my first mushroom, my orange yuma. Sliced that sucker straight down the middle. It was in a jar w/ mesh for a long while, until I got sick of looking at it. So I took the mushies out of the jar, they ended up detaching from the rocks they were on and have been roaming the bottom of the tank.

A little side note - I feed my tank a lot. Mostly just my dendro, but the entire tank does benefit from those feedings. This mushroom is not far from my dendro at all, so I'm SURE it gets food.

We had company over the weekend, and were all looking at the tank. We found my orange yuma trying to eat a hermit crab! It was all bubbled up like they do when they get food. Has anyone else ever seen this? WEIRD! Sorry for the crappy pics but I didn't have time to find/charge my camera.

yuma1.jpg

yuma2.jpg

yuma3.jpg

yuma3.jpg

LOL we were too! (laugh) The hermit ended up leaving his shell, but only for about a minute. Then he climbed back in and was on his way. He was wrapped up in the yuma about 5 minutes when we sat and watched him. Don't know how much longer the dummy was sitting there. Thought it was kinda cool though. I think I need to start target feeding the yuma a little. (scratch)