FOWLR or Fauna

Emerald525

Okay, I have been thinking again (scratch) a dangerous thing I know.

So we (tanktop74) and I have a new 150 gallon glass tank and were thinking about making it a predator tank.

Now as I read along people have had these but it seems like most go back to a reef tank..

So now.. I'm thinking maybe we could have another coral tank and buy more high tech things (seaswirls, vortechs, calcium reactors) and spend more money (nutty) and get more obsessed !

What are people's thoughts on FOWLR vs reef tank?

What are people's thoughts about having a predator tank and what fish you would recommend?

We definitely want a picasso trigger and possibly a purple tang...

We have 3 tanks. A reef, a seahorse and a FOWLR. We fing ourselves watching, playing "chase the lazer dot" the fowlr most. Puffers are so friendly and we also have a tang ,korran angel,tusk,triggers in with them. They chase each other through tunnels and overhangs and are just fun to watch and play with. You almost need a reef and a fowlr to experience all aspects of the hobby!

As you know I tore down my aggressive tank. But they are fun, incredible creatures, and you should try it and see. Maybe you will end up liking it more than reef.

Then your new obsession: sharks ;-)

LOL... No Sharks in this house!! I don't think we will make it to that obsession!

• Like 1

Thanks for the information. I was thinking about getting a dogface puffer too. It's nice to know we are not the only crazy people who want more than one tank!

I have a reef and a salt water planted. I would love to add a non photosynthetic tank, and another tank with some angel fish.

I would do 10 tanks if I didn't have to work.

I have a reef and a salt water planted. I would love to add a non photosynthetic tank, and another tank with some angel fish.

I don't even know what a nonphotosynthetic tank is!

I would do 10 tanks if I didn't have to work.

LOL. Glad to know we are not the only crazy people out there! It just seems we start running out of room or can't add the cool fish we want because it tries to eat other things in the tank and that's just way too expensive of fish food!