WTB: Scraper with Metal blade

ciao

Does anybody have one that is at least 22"' date=' preferable ~30", that has a metal blade for use on a glass tank? Wasn't sure what stores carry them or if anybody here had one they wanted to sell[/quote']

I have one of these;

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tom-Algae-Scraper-22-inch-Medium_W0QQitemZ350257325969QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item518cf6a791

I also have the small hand held one and used to use the metal blade but actually scratched my glass in two spots so I stick with the red plastic one.

Its a little more work but you are not going to scratch your glass.

I was thinking of placing an order with these guys and you are welcome to add on if you want-I'll split the shipping-4.00 each, and add hat ever else you need for an additional .01 shipping

I'm after this;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350257154345&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I can buy it there for 33.00 for 64 ounces or local LFS for 20.00 for 16 ounces-do the math

I'd go the plastic scraper-speaking from experience

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll go the plastic route then. I've seen the plastic ones for sale at Westside but the plastic blade always seemed to me not to have enough stiffness for scraping. I'll give it a try then. Do you know if they make the long handled ones in a plastic blade as well?

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll go the plastic route then. I've seen the plastic ones for sale at Westside but the plastic blade always seemed to me not to have enough stiffness for scraping. I'll give it a try then. Do you know if they make the long handled ones in a plastic blade as well?

You can buy the blade only-I think mine is made by Kent-not certain

I can show you the long handled one I have as well as the short, but the blades are interchange-I bought the plastic blade only from SWF for 5.00. I had the long handle from buying a complete tank setup and equipment years ago-glad I did not toss it