My sun coral from last night

ciao

While I was working on the computer last night, the tank lights turned off like they usually do at their pre-arranged time. After about and hour or so, I went down to the kitchen and turned on the light in the room with the tank and saw my Sun coral extended out completely. I've never seen it opened up this completely and had to take a picture of it, even on my simple Canon point and shoot camera.

picture.php?albumid=119&pictureid=726

I wish I could have zoomed in more, but my camera starts going out of focus when I try to get that close. I've had this coral for about a month now and it's doing great. Got the piece for Westside if anybody is interested in getting a piece. They look great and I think a nice alternative to the spendy Dendros. They don't need light and you just target feed them occasionally. You can train them to stay open during the day if you feed them during the day as well. Mine starts opening up around 7:30 every night like clockwork now. I'll have to go downstairs more often now I guess:D

Nice! I have one too' date=' I love it![/quote']

Yes they are. I actually had to move that frag plug farther away from it when I realized now fclose those tentacles were to it. Not sure if it would have stung the SPS but didn't want to risk it. :D

Very nice

Do the Dendros come out when the light is on and what is the care on them

Mine is out almost the entire day-BUT they have to be in lower light for that and you have to feed them, they lack the zooxanthellae or how ever you spell that. They will not come out and will die if you don't feed them.

Very nice looking coral-both the sun and the dendro-I though the sun was a little more maintenance than the dendro-I am not certain, its just the pics of the contraptions people build to feed them.

The best I saw was a 2 liter bottle cut in half so it could be placed over it and target through the opening keeping all the food trapped within the cut bottle-If you can picture that

Mine is out almost the entire day-BUT they have to be in lower light for that and you have to feed them, they lack the zooxanthellae or how ever you spell that. They will not come out and will die if you don't feed them.

Very nice looking coral-both the sun and the dendro-I though the sun was a little more maintenance than the dendro-I am not certain, its just the pics of the contraptions people build to feed them.

The best I saw was a 2 liter bottle cut in half so it could be placed over it and target through the opening keeping all the food trapped within the cut bottle-If you can picture that

Never thought of doing it that way. I just feed my other fish/corals first which usually triggers the sun corals to come out if it's not their usual time to come out. I feed the fish until they have had their fill and then put some food around the sun coral tentacles which they grab onto. Not too bad I thought. They are pigs though. I saw one take this big piece of shrimp and he ended up looking like a small marble!