Gauging interest in Vortech Spare Wetside purchase

huskerduck

With the success of last months GB, I was wondering how many would be up for a spare wetside and maybe rebuild kit try. Judging from the last savings Im guessing we could possibly get the same great deal, maybe better!

If we get the same response, I will call and find out.

Do the wetsides go bad or something?

No they don't go bad. When I bought mine they kept freezing up, after a few months (not sure why I waited so long) I contacted them to find out there was a production run that had a defective part.

I had called when they did not have the replacement part so Steve at Vortech sent me 2 brand new wet sides-talk about customer service!!

I ordered the part that was defective later and as such I have 2 extra wets sides-I was going to buy two motor units and keep them for the day I jump into a 220 gallon, so then I would have 4-but that is WAY down the road.

These are designed in a way that there are not moving parts that will wear out-as far as I can see.

They also have a rebuild kit that comes with a shaft and a couple little parts. The wetsides will go bad, might be 2 days might be 5 years. Regardless, a spare wetside would allow you to switch it out and send ecotech the broken one under warranty never losing flow.

I just want a spare laying around for the day one goes bad, the ecotech guy told me the rebuild kit will fix them 99% of the time.

I didn't know you could just buy a motor unit. Where can you get one for future reference?

No they don't go bad. When I bought mine they kept freezing up, after a few months (not sure why I waited so long) I contacted them to find out there was a production run that had a defective part.

I had called when they did not have the replacement part so Steve at Vortech sent me 2 brand new wet sides-talk about customer service!!

I ordered the part that was defective later and as such I have 2 extra wets sides-I was going to buy two motor units and keep them for the day I jump into a 220 gallon, so then I would have 4-but that is WAY down the road.

These are designed in a way that there are not moving parts that will wear out-as far as I can see.

They also have a rebuild kit that comes with a shaft and a couple little parts. The wetsides will go bad, might be 2 days might be 5 years. Regardless, a spare wetside would allow you to switch it out and send ecotech the broken one under warranty never losing flow.

I just want a spare laying around for the day one goes bad, the ecotech guy told me the rebuild kit will fix them 99% of the time.

Maybe I should keep one then-(scratch)

Hmm