120 Gallon glass reef tank with everything including stock

KTHOM

We have to sell our 120 gallon due to lay offs. She's had it for 5 years and loves it but just can't keep up with it with the layoff. Thank you economy. She would prefer to barter for a nano set up. Not to up on the economy prices so willing to listen to offers.

Gen-X pcx 40 pump.

Platnium series Utility pump on the skimmer with and in water pump to supply it's water. The extra pump comes with this too.

The sump is by All glass Aquarium Mega flow Model 4 and is acrylic

There are three powerheads in the tank

It has two back overflows

The hood has two 400w halides , 2 actinic blue flourescents and 2 white actinic bulbs. I think all four flourescents in the hood are 48 in

The sump has a small 8 inch hood with two bulbs as well

It has a number of timers and cords scrapers, cleaners as well

Please ask for specifics you'd like to know cause I'm not sure what to list. I know she has a yellow tang, six line, goby, clowns, montis, mushrooms, polyps, leathers, huge tongue coral, crabs, snails, and a bunch of stuff in it.

We're in Hillsboro Oregon

[ATTACH]7340[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7341[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7342[/ATTACH]

post-6167-141867780728_thumb.jpg

post-6167-141867780731_thumb.jpg

post-5740-141867780735_thumb.jpg

We have an offer for the tank without the stock. But she is affraid that if she sells the stock the tank offer might back out and she'll have an empty tank. She is hoping some one who has a 25-30 gallon nano up and cycled but wants bigger might trade. It's not an issue of the cost this tank vs. nano it's just become a needed step for our family. We know a nano probably sells for less than this whole set up would but it would make our lifes easier and maybe help someone else out?

Huge "hope" but we'll see.....

I would say you will have pretty good luck w/ that. If I had one I would jump on it. Hell' date=' I'd buy and cycle one for you if I didn't already have basically the same tank.[/quote']

We are hoping (fingers).

She is hoping for cycled cause she has two of the small pieces she'd like to keep. Most of the stuff is so large it wouldn't fit in a small tank. Like you can see in one of the photos the orange monti -just learned that from here actually- is giant and one of the rocks covered in purple and blue mushrooms has 75-100 mushrooms on it. The tongue / slipper is green and I'd guess 8 inches long and 4 wide. The bubble coral opens up huge. There are a few fussy looking mushrooms that open to 6 and 8 inches accross.

Wow, that would have been a hell of a deal. We just sold our cycled 30 gallon oceanic biocube last weekend so we could upgrade to a bigger tank. That would have been a hell of a deal. It didn't have mh's but soft corals and hard corals that don't like a lot of light like dendros did great in it. Where were you last week?DOH!

I probably wouldn't have made an even trade. Would have had to offer cash or some nice zoas or corals to be fair.

We pulled the Craigslist ad cause no one believed we were serious I guess. That is really what we want to do. If we don't and can't keep it up everything will die anyways. Not to long ago I messed up the tank chemistry by "helping" when I shouldn't have. With my lay off it's been hard to keep up with everything and she can't afford to replace the stock I killed. This was a serious conversation with us and this is what we came up with. Selling it might be a little more money but we'd have to start from scratch too. Parting it out involves so much time and so many transactions. There is a lot to this tank so it would be hard to arrange we're thinking.

You might want to consider parting it out. We sold quite a few things from the nano tank (bubble coral, giant mushroom, fish, etc.) and ended making us 200 dollars more from the nano tank we bought used. This is helping us fund the newer tank. I must have missed your ad on craig's list.

Moving a fully stocked tank is a huge pain. People are more willing to pick up a few things here and there because you don't have to arrange to torture your friends with big muscles and big trucks!

Parting it out wasn't too big a hassle for me because it was fun to meet people from this site and put a face to the name and many of them are a great wealth of information. You also know the stuff is going to a "good home"

You have to watch out for the fish flakes who say:

I want it! I want it! I want it!(clap) Then you don't hear from them.(nono). I usually give them a time frame and if I don't hear from them I offer it up again!

You might want to consider parting it out. We sold quite a few things from the nano tank (bubble coral, giant mushroom, fish, etc.) and ended making us 200 dollars more from the nano tank we bought used. This is helping us fund the newer tank. I must have missed your ad on craig's list.

Moving a fully stocked tank is a huge pain. People are more willing to pick up a few things here and there because you don't have to arrange to torture your friends with big muscles and big trucks!

Parting it out wasn't too big a hassle for me because it was fun to meet people from this site and put a face to the name and many of them are a great wealth of information. You also know the stuff is going to a "good home"

You have to watch out for the fish flakes who say:

I want it! I want it! I want it!(clap) Then you don't hear from them.(nono). I usually give them a time frame and if I don't hear from them I offer it up again!

We have an offer were are more then willing to accept just for the tank and equipment but have done other stuff on the internet and just as you said not all who ask show up. We don't want to agree to split it up, sell all the insides, and then have the buyer back out of the tank sale and be left with a tank skeleton.

How big are you looking for?

I have a 34g system with a 25g tank for a sump. It has a "false back wall", a closed loop, a Sunlight Supply 4 bulb T5 fixture. The skimmer is a Remora but you could keep the skimmer you have if you like. I have a few different powerheads you could choose from including a koralia nano, or a tunze nanostream.

Here is a fairly current picture.

091214FTSMacroAlgae.jpg

The plumbing (been cleaned up a little since the picture)

IMG_0889.jpg

34gFulltankshotwithstand.jpg

There are some minor scratches, but nothing to bad. The canopy is interesting to take off, but built to vent heat very well.

I am moving so I would prefer to do the trade after the move. I can throw in some coin or supplies if the motive to switch the tank is just financial.

I'm in Beaverton and can pick up and deliver.