frag plugs

Mr S

Student made frag plugs for sale. They are 20 cents each or 5 for a dollar. They are made of 50% aragonite and 50% white cement. I have them cycling but do not think it is an issue. I have never had any problems with putting frags on them. I have been using them as trade at various LFS shops and they assure me there have been no problems. Please pm me if you want to order some. I will be at the February meeting and I always have them available.

Thanks

Roger

Sorry. They are like a disk. Have not had any problem with powerhead blasting or moving them around. The only villains are turbo snails!!! They are 3.5 cm diameter and 1 cm thick. OR you non metric people 1 1/4 diameter and approx 1/2 thick. We can make them any thickness. We make them thicker for candy cane, etc.

Roger' date=' seen these? http://reefbuilders.com/2010/02/11/frag-holder-coral-rubble-hits-europe/

Crushed coral/aragonite and epoxy resin. Great idea, probably pretty easy to make maybe using those silicon ice-cube trays as molds?

Heck ya that would be easy! I would use superglue and just mix it all up then form it. Cheap too if you get the superglue from the dollar store or in bulk.

But Roger's are nice too, i've used them on several occasions :)

Okay, no offense but those things look bugly. Besides super glue is not allowed at school and much more expensive then cement. But............. thanks for showing me this. ( I am being a self esteem builder because that is my job, and I do it well)

Okay' date=' no offense but those things look bugly. Besides super glue is not allowed at school and much more expensive then cement. But............. thanks for showing me this. ( I am being a self esteem builder because that is my job, and I do it well)[/quote']

AAHHhhhh, I love super glue... It really brings out a whole new side of careless people you rarely get to see otherwise...(laugh) Case and point, my mom one Christmas...rofl Someone else had to help her because I was about 2 seconds from peeing myself in laughter... great story for another time...

Is this why they banned it in the school too?

That is so great! Future reefer's! I really wish I had things like this at my school when growing up! Besides the future hobbiest being created, it also gives them insite to what is living in the ocean and maybe to help preserve our oceans they will realize that what we do on land affects our oceans and the need for living a bit greener.