Vortech MP40W

ciao

Got a great deal on a used MP40W that I just couldn't pass up without kicking myself and regretting it later even if it meant having to make sacrifices in the short term. All I have to say is DANG!! This sucker puts out a lot of flow!!! I had to turn it down some and my tank is 6' long. I think I'll gradually turn it up more as my tank inhabitants get used to the extra flow and I can gradually tinker with the best placement of it in my tank. I think just one of these would be enough for anything below 100 Gallon.

Have to admit these they are sweet......too bad they are so expensive!!! It'll be a while before I can afford to replace my other K4 with another MP40W!

I love the Vortechs! I am running 1 MP20 on the side of my current 36g and it does great! I will be upgrading my MP20 to a MP40 and picking up a second MP40 for my new 90g. Im going to try running them on the back of my tank so I dont have to have them hanging off of the sides of my tank.

Cioa, did you pick up the CO2 tank?

I now own 3 Vortechs and I can't say a bad thing about them, you hardly notice them in the tank compared to most pumps and the massive amount of wide flow they produce is amazing.

I'll be happy when the price eventually drops and when Neptune finishes making them controllable from my Apex.

I thought you were gonna go with a sureflow mod and you ended upwith a vortech?? (laugh) i have one too' date=' but i've only played with it in my wc tub. They are so cool i can't wait to use it[/quote']

Like I said, the deal was too good to pass up. :D

As for the sureflow mod, I still intend on getting it. After some discussion on the board here, it appears that I might not have enough flow in my tank. So I'm going to have one MP40W on one side of the tank, one K4 on the other(until I can replace it with another MP40W), and the repaired K4 with the mod on the back panel blasting forward. I would think this would be sufficient flow after you factor in the 2 return flow as well.

I love the Vortechs! I am running 1 MP20 on the side of my current 36g and it does great! I will be upgrading my MP20 to a MP40 and picking up a second MP40 for my new 90g. Im going to try running them on the back of my tank so I dont have to have them hanging off of the sides of my tank.

Cioa, did you pick up the CO2 tank?

Yes, I got the tank Ryan. Thanks for delivering it to Westside for me!:D