Anyone have alot of sponges?

huskerduck

I always thought sponges were one of the coolest reef inhabitants, anyone have large or alot of different varieties.

Anyone every ordered from these guys http://www.aquacon.com/sponge.html ?

Im thinking of ordering about 4 of those, I have a huge black sponge that seems to be fine anyone had luck with any of the neater sponges when ordering?

I always thought sponges were one of the coolest reef inhabitants, anyone have large or alot of different varieties.

Anyone every ordered from these guys http://www.aquacon.com/sponge.html ?

Im thinking of ordering about 4 of those, I have a huge black sponge that seems to be fine anyone had luck with any of the neater sponges when ordering?

Wow! that site has some nice ones! I have never ordered any from them but I have from other sites and have never had a problem. But I think im going to place an order there!

Ohh. Ohh.. Another group buy. Think we should do members only? I think it really can be an incentive for joining. And yes Bob' date=' I will change my sig.! Actually a member within 1 hour of my first post. Beat that, insolent cur![/quote']

Ahhh, you should have kept it the way it was. I enjoyed it!!! If I organize the group buy, it will be for members only.

The sponges are incredible! Except for Spectra's, maybe DOH! Geeze, looks like I might be in again for another GP.

This is kinda of cool niche market. Listening Garrett?

Can you feel the love on the board(clap) Cmon Franklin cant you take a joke(naughty)

I have ordered from the site referenced above once and it was a nightmare. The double charged me for a $250 pair of fish and it took us 3 months of pestering them to get our money back. We ended up filing a complaint with the BBB and a fraudulent charge with our credit card company to finally get the charge reversed. You may want to check them out a little closer before ordering from them. Check them out at the BBB site for the state of florida.

Dave

I have ordered from the site referenced above once and it was a nightmare. The double charged me for a $250 pair of fish and it took us 3 months of pestering them to get our money back. We ended up filing a complaint with the BBB and a fraudulent charge with our credit card company to finally get the charge reversed. You may want to check them out a little closer before ordering from them. Check them out at the BBB site for the state of florida.

Dave

aArrGgh......thats too bad they look like they have some sweet stuff. Anyone else know a nice site for sponges? I may still try an order, how was the quality of the things you bought from them?

I orginally ordered a pair of supposedly wild caught black and white's. I had several conversations with them before the order and was assured that they were wild caught. Unfortunately the fish got stuck in a snow storm and sat on the tarmac for almost a day back east. I was able to arrange with Fed-ex to pick the fish up at the hub after hrs and get them home. To make a long story short the fish were in a bag for almost 60 hrs and the water temp was 61 degrees upon arrival. Both fish survived intially but the female died 2 days later. IMO the fish were not wild caught as promised as both were misbarred but I do not blame the death on the supplier, it was a bad circumstance. I do blame them for the crappy customer service and taking care of the double charge on a timely basis....

They may be ok for a small order but I would go in with a little concern.

Dave

My sponge is not looking so bad now(laugh)

Be careful with sponges; many are hard to keep alive and many are also toxic. Nothing crashes a tank better than a big, dying sponge. Well, maybe a big, dying sea-apple perched upon a big, dying sponge... but you get the idea ;-)

The sponges are incredible! Except for Spectra's, maybe DOH! Geeze, looks like I might be in again for another GP.

This is kinda of cool niche market. Listening Garrett?

I hear you loud and clear lol

If enough people want them, I can order several different varieties... PM me for details or give me a buzz. I have to do a minimum order so there would have to be a fair number of buyers.

FYI most sponges that we bring into the hobby are from the Florida and the Caribbean. They have had some pretty nasty cold whether which has temperarilly suspended alot of activity by the collectors and suppliers in that area. They are just starting to ramp things back up but it may be a while before we see a nice diversity and quantity of some critters collected in these areas.

I have seen most of the sponges shown on the Aquacon site available locally one time or another.

We should check with out local sponsor stores first, before ordering online. I know that our sponsoring Local Fish Stores will do their best to work something out with us. Talk to some of them first about organizing a group buy.

Upscales is one place that usually orders sponges on a fairly regular basis.

Be careful with sponges; many are hard to keep alive and many are also toxic. Nothing crashes a tank better than a big' date=' dying sponge. Well, maybe a big, dying sea-apple perched upon a big, dying sponge... but you get the idea ;-)[/quote']This actually made me laugh...Good Stuff

I am certainly interested in Flourescent Purple Vase Sponge, Australian White Lightning Sponge anything above and beyond that is a bonus!