Guaging interest in a group buy

CA2OR

Just curious if anyone is interested in doing a group buy on Florida Ricordia's...we can get 10, 25, or 50 packs....we can do something similar to the zoa grow out thing....maybe we can talk Grassi into housing and fragging them as they are the Ric Masters in the group.

So far interest parties are:

CA2OR

Ciao

Frank

Huskerduck

Rapture Rabbit

JGF86123

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious if anyone is interested in doing a group buy on Florida Ricordia's...we can get 10' date=' 25, or 50 packs....we can do something similar to the zoa grow out thing....maybe we can talk Grassi into housing and fragging them as they are the Ric Masters in the group.[/quote']

What zoa grow out are you referring to?

if its a perk to members only and its only posted in the members only forum then by default its a pnwmas event yes no?

If you wanted to drive up membership you would post something like that in the general forum and state members only and let the rest drool over it and drive up membership.

If you wanted to drive up membership you would post something like that in the general forum and state members only and let the rest drool over it and drive up membership.

Agreed.

Sorry I didn't realize when I started this thread that it was a members only. I have been member as long as I have been on the site. Wouldn't know what it looks like to not be one.

Basically we would buy a package....and split the cost so it isn't only like $20 or so each....then we would all get a frag of each Ric we get....so you would get like 10 to 50 frags for your $20 depending on package size.

Cool the PNWMAS is sponsoring a group zoa buy? Thats pretty cool they have never done anything like that before does it come out of your dues?

The club is NOT sponsoring the Zoa buy, a group of us got together, 25 people to be exact, and we have ordered roughly half a dozen rare zoas for us to grow out and then split up between those of us who bought in.

just to give you an idea of what we're getting, red hornets is one of the zoas in the package.

if its a perk to members only and its only posted in the members only forum then by default its a pnwmas event yes no?

I dont think that was the idea, or at least it did not sem that way-I could be wrong, I jumped in after it was rolling. Pretty cool though.

For those to drool here is what we are getting, once they grow out we split them up equally-not bad for 30.00;

Description: Captain America Paly

Item #:

Unit price: Qty: 2

Amount:

Description: Black Galaxy Paly

Item #:

Unit price:Qty: 2

Amount:

Description: Red Hornet zoa

Item #:

Unit price:

Qty: 1

Amount:

Description: Darth Maul zoa

Item #:

Amount:

Description: Candy Apple Orange zoa

Item #:

Unit price:

Qty: 2

Amount:

Description: Everlasting Gobstoppers paly

Item #:

Amount:

Description: WOW Paly

Item #:

Unit price:

Amount:

Description: Superman Zoa - Free

Item #:

Unit price:

Amount:

threadjack.gif

First post updated with interested parties. I have also received some pm's from local sponsors that think they can get us better pricing so it may be even cheaper....but it is my thought we should expect the worst and hope for the best.

I guess I don't understand the above statement. Are you saying you contacted the people that expressed interest earlier? Maybe it's just been a long day and my head is mush.

I'm still interested. So how does this usually work? How do we divvy them up?

no I haven't contacted any interested parties as of yet....still waiting for the list to get to a point where it is do-able. My thought regarding divvy depending on size of the pack we purchase or we could just pull numbers for picks or something like that. Initial plan to was to grow and split them until everyone got one of each ricordia we ordered...but that would mean everyone gets 100 ric's if we order the 100 pack. That might be a bit too many right there for my tank at least.

Randy' date=' while it is members only, the board is not involved in this, its just something some of us came up with as a good way to give added perks to paying members.[/quote']

Again buy default if you have to pay to play its sponsored by the club it doesn't matter if a board member came up with the ideal or not you have PAY the club to join in on this

It similar to the ORA group by again you have to pay the club for the right to join in on it no pay no play, and it was a board member who set that up, so is that not a PNWMAS event??

Don't get me wrong I think both of the top things are great ideals and should be posted for everyone to see I think that would drive up membership more then locking down the classifieds

But don't fool yourself if its exclusive to paying members only its a club event if you like it not.