Unhappy Lobo please help.

epicenter

I have a Lobo that is clearly unhappy. I do not know if the problem is connected with many zoa colonies dieing off. Water parameters are good, I have not added any fish that may be bothering it. At first I thought a big bristle worm may be eating it or something. Here are a few pics. Any feed back is much appreciated.

Unhappy Lobo

unhappyLobo.jpg

underside of Lobo, note the slimy spot, I tried to scrape it all off.

sicklobo2.jpg

underside of Lobo

sadlobo1.jpg

Is this sponge to right of chalice? a little tiny spot just like it has started on bottom side of Lobo.

sponge.jpg

Thanks for your time, Chris.

Has he been like that for a long time? Mine does it from time to time. Mostly when he has had a full amount of light all day. He closes up almost blocking out the light since he doesn't need any more. Happens a lot toward the end of the night. Late night he opens up really big to try and get any food coming his way. Things on the underside shouldn't matter unless it is touching the flesh of the lobo or drilling through to get to flesh that way. Those both look like sponges to me, and I consider sponges a great asset in my tank. If they get to evasive you can trim them down a little but I've never known a sponge to get out of control and cause any harm. They are simply natural filters in the reef.

P.S. That chalice looks very unhappy. I would be willing to take it in for ya if ya need(naughty)(whistle)

snowpunk, the Lobo has been like this for nearly two weeks now. The pic shown is during the day while inflated. At night (lights off) the deflation is considerable. To the bottom left of animal you can notice tissue recession. I am glad to hear all those things are sponges, but what is the slimy shinny stuff? I have had this Lobo more that 3 years & would hate to lose it.

Jody 99% of my zoas are gone & now the lobo has gotten worse. I am running carbon & tested phosphates, they are like .01 maybe (Salifert test). Do you have any ideas? I thought maybe a bristle worm or something was bothering it. Or maybe it is some sort of fungas or infection that went from the zoas to the Lobo.

could be a fish nipping at it as well or have you tested your Iodine levels, Mag, Strotium just make sure those are in check also have you checked to see what kind of Ph swing you have from when lights have been off for over a hour then back on for over a hour sometimes this will stress open brain type corals also have you changed lighting that could of shocked it as well.