Mesh bag for activated carbon?

ciao

I was wondering, what material do most people here keep their activated carbon in when in the water? I've been trying to find something that is fine enough to keep the carbon from spilling out of but big enough to hold all the carbon and have enough water going through. I would appreciate any suggestions on what's best and where to get it if possible :D

Secondly, where do most people place their activated carbon? Do you put it directly underneath the return pipe carrying the overflow water?

If using a bag . Don't over fill it. The center won't get flow. Personally I don't like bags. One big purpose of carbon it to strip,(polish) capture ultra file organics and particles from the water column. If you remove the bag you will see a lot of particles falling off, right back into the system. If your going to use the bag method then your really just using it for chemical absorbing.

If using a bag . Don't over fill it. The center won't get flow. Personally I don't like bags. One big purpose of carbon it to strip,(polish) capture ultra file organics and particles from the water column. If you remove the bag you will see a lot of particles falling off, right back into the system. If your going to use the bag method then your really just using it for chemical absorbing.

So how do you use/contain it?

I have tried the nylon pantyhose in my little 3G nano...the biggest risk is that the carbon will rip the pantyhose material...

Pantie hose' date=' just cut off a leg at about the knee add some carbon then tie it off at the top. Don't over fill, just use a cup or two, then ya can place it almost anywhere, I used to use it like that in my overflow box hanging off my durso standpipe.[/quote']

Pantie hose' date=' just cut off a leg at about the knee add some carbon then tie it off at the top. Don't over fill, just use a cup or two, then ya can place it almost anywhere, I used to use it like that in my overflow box hanging off my durso standpipe.[/quote']

Dont forget to take the leg outDOH!