aptasia on rock

bobkat330

I think this maybe the wrong area for this post but I kill the aptasia in my tank by injecting pure calcium into them with a insulin syringe its a PIA though cause you have to individually hit each one and you have to do it fairly often to keep them under control.

Ive heard peppermint shrimp eat it but ive had no luck because my hawk fish usually eats them immediately.

I bought 2 peppermint shrimp when I first started seeing aiptasia, wanting to keep the tank as natural as possible. They didn't eat any of them at all. Then the bta ate one and the other got sucked up into the intake.

I bought Aiptasia Control from the LFS and it works instantly.

I bought 2 peppermint shrimp when I first started seeing aiptasia, wanting to keep the tank as natural as possible. They didn't eat any of them at all. Then the bta ate one and the other got sucked up into the intake.

I bought Aiptasia Control from the LFS and it works instantly.

There are two differant kind of Pepermint shrimp from what I've been told and there's very little you can do to know the dif. but one will eat it and the other wont. Best bet is to inject it with all the above or to add to it some lemon juce, or HOT water.

I thought the copperband butterfly fish eats it??

They will if ya get one that dose, also there as picky as a mandarin and most of the time wont eat food you provide and most of the time they end up starving. Oh and not to mention if it eats one kind of coral there's no telling what other corals it's got a fancy for.

My peppermint shrimp just ate one today. I had been waiting for him to do it and he finally pounced. Hadn't heard that some do and some don't. Guess I got lucky. They're not too expensive so you might give it a try. There fun to watch even if they don't eat your aptasia and very low maintenance.