dkh too high?

shaywood

You need to tune that reactor down... slow the drip of co to get your ph in the reactor to about 6.8 and slow the effluent drip down to a slow DRIZZLE. Waht reactor we talking about.. and as posted whats you effluent, you need to use the calculator to dial it in.

at this link click on the top right "Calcium reactor setup"

Hello, the ph reading coming out of the reactor is about 6.8. I've been having a problem with getting the outflow to a drip. When I turn it down to a drip, eventually the reactor fills with air or co and the dripping stops. Not sure why. I have to release the air and start the dripping over again.

shawn

Your co2 is generating to much pressure. So without a pressure valve the reactor has to release the high pressure somehow, so it BLOWS the water right out. You can eleminate this by reducing the drip of the co2 or speed up the effluent coming out of the reactor. How big is this tank? Another trick to get your alk down if in fact your reactor is overdosing is to remove some of the media from it.

Keep us posted of your readings and what gets it all fixed up for ya. Keep in mind less c02 will increase ph and more effluent may raise it as well. You will just have to tinker till you find a good spot, in mine it drips effluent about 3-4 drips per second and 1 drip per second of co2.