TV PS2 Help

pledosophy

The new TV is a 50" 1080p. All the hookups are the same as they were on the last TV. The cable is a slip on and it is all the way on (I just checked). The PS2 cable has a built in splitter that the TV cable is attached to and the cable TV looks phenominal ( especially comapred to my last TV).

Thanks for the help.

Is the splitter switchable? Do you half to switch between cable and PS2? another question, is there a way to hook that up backwards? like cable in going to TV instead of cable coming in? Just asking cuz it's something simple that I would do and then scratch my head for days. If that doesn't work or isn't it I think I have an extra PS2 cable thingy to hook it directly to a comp hookup, I would give ya. I'll look and see if I have it.

PS2

Well probably the resolution is too high for a PS2, I'd search online because I bet there is some information. You might be able to buy component cables and switch it over to 16:9 instead of 4:3. This was the case for my nintendo wii. Needed to get cables and switch it on the system menu.

The TV and PS run through the same connection and the TV is fine, so I don't think it is the cable. I could be wrong, very easily I don't know to much about electronics.

Tell the wife the ps2 is broken and you need a ps3 lol

Would that fix it? That is what she wants to do. Her birthday is Thursday but I feel kinda guilty getting her a PS3 ya know.

I haven't even tried the Wii yet, I wonder how that looks.

Guess I need to do some research.

Would that fix it? That is what she wants to do. Her birthday is Thursday but I feel kinda guilty getting her a PS3 ya know.

I haven't even tried the Wii yet, I wonder how that looks.

Guess I need to do some research.

Got to make use of that 1080p! blu-ray on the ps3 will look sweet on that 50".

How about a nice collection of her favorite movies in blu-ray to compliment the ps3?

I need to get myself a hi-def projector...but I don't have a ps3 so it doesn't matter. Wii is bad *** on my projector setup though(rock2)

PS3 is so sweet on my 720p projector. We got the family the PS3 for x-mas and pretty much have spent the last week playing "Infamous" and " Uncharted" Both are great games and man the graphics are insane! the movie parts of the games are like watching cartoon's and the game parts themselves are fairly close to the same quality!

I think ya should go with the PS3 option to fix your problem too! Oh and ya the blue ray, such a great pic! so much better than even a good up converter.

• 2 weeks later...

You get this fixed?? I never had problems with my ps2 on my 50" 1080i panny. I would guess the problem is the connection at the PS2, i remember that plug was loose on my PS2.

But yah, put the PS2 and all the games and accessories on ebay then go get a PS3. You will not be sorry.

It sounds to me like you may have hooked your RCA connections into a component video jack on the TV.

Did you plug your yellow, red and white plugs into yellow, red and white outlets on the tv, or were they teal, pinkish and light blue?

I did it once by mistake and got exactly what you describe for picture.

Also, get the PS3 for your wife if she wants it. Just use your imagination and get her something romantic too. It can be smaller. With my wife, at least, its the thought that counts.

My wife bought the PS3 last week. Now you can understnad why I have not been online so much.

You get this fixed?? I never had problems with my ps2 on my 50" 1080i panny.

I sure hope my wife never reads this, she is convinced the PS2 would not work on the TV, but the PS3 is pretty awesome. Still it would be fun to play some of the PS2 games I like also.

I would guess the problem is the connection at the PS2, i remember that plug was loose on my PS2.

But yah, put the PS2 and all the games and accessories on ebay then go get a PS3. You will not be sorry.

I wiggled and jiggled everything but the clarity did not ever improve.

Maybe I have to old of a PS2 or something, I'm not really sure.

It sounds to me like you may have hooked your RCA connections into a component video jack on the TV.

Did you plug your yellow, red and white plugs into yellow, red and white outlets on the tv, or were they teal, pinkish and light blue?

I did it once by mistake and got exactly what you describe for picture.

It goes through the TV antena input, same as the cable would, but the cable TV goes into the PS2 splitter if you follow. The Wii is in the RYW plugs.

hey pledo' date=' im pretty sure you can play ps2 games on your ps3, i may be wrong, but, its worth a shot[/quote']

Onthe first version of PS3 you could, on the newer versions you cannot. Kinda lame.

I picked up a different cord that has the four inputs and the PS2 looks alot better, not perfect but pretty good.

Thanks Everyone.