Bitrickers 125

Bitricker

Well now that I'm mostly moved in and my camera has been found I suppose it's time to start my new tank thread. I need to get the broken tank out of the way to get some better pictures but I figured I'd get started anyhow.

Tank: 48x24x24 glass (the one from rose city)

Sump: need to measure

Return Pump: Gen-X 1500 GPH

Skimmer: coral life super skimmer 220

Lighting: currently 4x54w T5HO

moving too 2x250w MH (about all the power I can muster)

I moved everything from my 55G yesterday morning. After the move the ammonia levels were .5ppm, this morning .25. I kept all the rock from the other tank but the sand is new. I also moved as much of the water over as I could 40G or so. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will all work out. So far everything looks to be healthy. I even noticed that my Purple death has two babies growing off of it, hope the move doesn't bother it much.

I'm going to be picking up some nice LR in the next day or so, and get the MH's on there. After that there won't be much going on for a few weeks until I'm sure there are no problems. Thanks to Rose City, and thanks PNWMAS!

Tank shot:

DSC00124.jpg

I need to get those black and white damsels out of there ... any takers, they are mean as hell ... lol.

Skimmer:

DSC00128.jpg

notice it drains to a vodka bottle....

ammonia levels seem to be .5ppm on day 2. I'm about to go pick up another load of LR, and then I'm taking those damsels out.I hope this prevents me from experiencing any large spikes. At that point I will have twice the LR and water I had before w/ the same bio-load, you think that will make up for the fresh sand?

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to have some snail eggs... they are laying them like crazy. I think this is what they are anyhow. I'll snap some pics when my camera is here and update everyone on the tank a little. It seems to be doing well so far.

http://perso.infonie.be/pomacea/neritina_natalensis_uk.htm

it says these ones are freshwater, but I got the link from another saltwater forum and the eggs(white spots) look exactly the same.