calcium reactor effluent question

stylaster

I am running my effluent from the reactor into my filter sock, the reason for this is since the water in there is highly agitated with oxygen bubbles i was hoping that would help drive off any excess CO2. Anyone have any thoughts on this idea? Would the filter sock limit the amount of calcium passing through it?

Thanks

Roy

I'm sure the filter sock part is fine' date=' I was looking up specs on a skimmer for sale (Lowman) and it said it had a fitting for CR effulent to remove excess C02, I thought that was interesting I had never seen that before[/quote']

I had the Aqua EV-180 that I ran the return into the fitting on the skimmer-work well for expelling the excess Co2

I am running my effluent from the reactor into my filter sock, the reason for this is since the water in there is highly agitated with oxygen bubbles i was hoping that would help drive off any excess CO2. Anyone have any thoughts on this idea? Would the filter sock limit the amount of calcium passing through it?

Thanks

Roy

Hey Roy, this is how I am currently running mine-into the sock. I have the return tube zip tied to my PVC down tube so it stays put, and it works fine. Same as when I had the EV series. MY PH stays pretty consistent at 8.10.

I have a Marine Pinpoint PH Monitor that I have in the sump to view PH at a glance and it is always where I want it.

My tank never goes above 8.13 w/PH

• Like 1