Plumbing

mastertde

Look up Herbie Overflow. Basically you use two overflow drains. One prinmary which is adjusted using a valve to match the same flow as the return pump. The second is just a wide open backup drain and is higher so it normally does not flow any (or very little). Doing it this way the flow is steady with no air being sucked through so the drains are silent.

I actually have Herbie Overflows but having an 1-1/4" flex pipe going down to the sump without a hard 90 and any length past the 90 creates enough suction it just drains too efficiently.

This is the first time I havent had any elbows coming off the supply and theres just no restriction at all

plumbing002.jpg

plumbing004.jpg

plumbing005.jpg

plumbing006.jpg

Just some ideas, I would change a few things on mine if I had it to do over. I would use the union type ball valves instead.

You might hit up RC for some more info. The info over there is enormous.

I'm curious, why would you use the union type ball valves instead? What are the advantages?

I'm curious, why would you use the union type ball valves instead? What are the advantages?

I use them to save on space and got a great deal on eBay for them. those 2" True Union BV's are huge. The handle is eaiser to turn and to regulate the flow. Those cheap BV from HD/Lowes are harder to turn.