Just ordered these bulbs

Jay

OK...another ebay bulb order. I know when will I learn DOH!. But these looked good and some people on RCentral were useing them. Price was right at 50 for 2. Anyone use these?

I ordered 2 of these yesterday.

http://cgi.ebay.com/250W-250-watt-15000K-Metal-Halide-Aquarium-Bulb-15K_W0QQitemZ220417897589QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3351ee3475

Jay

OK...another ebay bulb order. I know when will I learn DOH!. But these looked good and some people on RCentral were useing them. Price was right at 50 for 2. Anyone use these?

I ordered 2 of these yesterday.

http://cgi.ebay.com/250W-250-watt-15000K-Metal-Halide-Aquarium-Bulb-15K_W0QQitemZ220417897589QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3351ee3475

Jay

I've been using these guys bulbs for a year now, I have the DE 250MH in 20K and they are great, I have been singing how great they are and after side by side par test withthem and "name brand" bulbs the variance is marginal, less than 10 on the par meter.

I had one bulb (a coralife 65 watt PC) actually burn up, guy sent me a new one.

Anyway, I have always bought and will continue to buy from this guy-50% less for what I find is the same end result-no brainer!!

so what went wrong with them???

Oh...I am just saying that I have bought bulbs from ebay b4 and been less then thrilled.....and have also had some great bulbs from ebay. Overall I am way ahead then if I had paid 70 bucks each for name brand bulbs. I just cant bring myself to pay 70 bucks a bulb for my aquarium. Ive done it...more then once but that was a different time. Moneys are tight now and other things have more importance so 50 bucks for 2 is exceptable.

The ones I just ordered are 15k which I have never seen b4. Ive seen 10k 12k 14k and 20k. Now I am seeing 15k and 22k. I can only guess that the 22k bulbs would be extreemly blue. I hope the 15k ones I ordered make the fish flourese and the coral colors really pop.

Jay

I've been using these guys bulbs for a year now, I have the DE 250MH in 20K and they are great, I have been singing how great they are and after side by side par test withthem and "name brand" bulbs the variance is marginal, less than 10 on the par meter.

Anyway, I have always bought and will continue to buy from this guy-50% less for what I find is the same end result-no brainer!!

Thank you...makes me feel better about it. Have you tried any other temp bulbs from him yet?

Jay

I'm running 15K now, I'm not sure if they are his, I think they are odyssea, I have used the 14K when I had DE 150 MH.

I did the par comparison against Blue Life SPS Bulbs-they were recommended-

Hardly any difference in par readings.

These are what I compared them to, and I paid 68.00 per bulb-what a joke, my corals look pretty freakin awesome and my growth is just as good, Iknow of 3 people which we all got the same coral, mine is out colored and grown the other two-so for using 24.00 bulbs they seem to work fine;

http://www.marinedepot.com/14000K_Metal_Halide_Bulb_Blue_Life_SPS_(South_Pacific_Sunlight)_Double_Ended_150_Watt_Double_Ended_Metal_Halide_Light_Bulbs-Blue_Life_USA-MB2668-FILTBUMHDEHW-vi.html

You'll be pleased with that seller-he is in my favorites as well as a few other sellers for reef related items, bulbs, test kits, RO/DI filters....

Mind telling us which ones you frequent on there?(whistle)

I'm running 15K now, I'm not sure if they are his, I think they are odyssea, I have used the 14K when I had DE 150 MH.

I did the par comparison against Blue Life SPS Bulbs-they were recommended-

Hardly any difference in par readings.

These are what I compared them to, and I paid 68.00 per bulb-what a joke, my corals look pretty freakin awesome and my growth is just as good, Iknow of 3 people which we all got the same coral, mine is out colored and grown the other two-so for using 24.00 bulbs they seem to work fine;

http://www.marinedepot.com/14000K_Metal_Halide_Bulb_Blue_Life_SPS_(South_Pacific_Sunlight)_Double_Ended_150_Watt_Double_Ended_Metal_Halide_Light_Bulbs-Blue_Life_USA-MB2668-FILTBUMHDEHW-vi.html

You'll be pleased with that seller-he is in my favorites as well as a few other sellers for reef related items, bulbs, test kits, RO/DI filters....

Not the best pics but I'm getting a little better, plus my tank is so many frags....

The colors are much better than these pics show, I also have 4-65 watt actinic in addtion to the dual 250DE MH 15K bulbs-760 watts for a 75 gallon, but even when I turn the actinics off, the color is not to yellow at all-If the MH was all I had I would still be happy

P1090538.jpg

P1090547.jpg

P1090050.jpg

P1090533.jpg

P1100050.jpg

I really like that blue milli

Thanks that was one I got from (Brandon-albany DG..)

I got one that you cant see in these pics, it was supposed to be a red milli, I guess since I have it so high its turned blue, very light blue/very cool piece.

This was the WYSIWYG pic supposed to be metalic red-so they called it;

MetalicRedMilliAcro.jpg

its the one in the middle to the left if the tri color near the top, bad pic but no red there-LOL;

P1100038.jpg

Brad, after a year of use, did you compare the bulbs again on the par meter? I'm just curious how these cheap bulbs do after they have burned for the full year.

Brad' date=' after a year of use, did you compare the bulbs again on the par meter? I'm just curious how these cheap bulbs do after they have burned for the full year.[/quote']

I have not and I remember you and I talking about that-My problem is I don't own a tank for more than 4 months before I upgrade-(laugh), you may recall, I got back into this hobby last Thanksgiving, I have had 3 tanks since then, the 1st was the nano, you have that now-!! The next was the 80 gallon TruVu now the 75 gallon glass-Oh and I am done-(threaten)

The first test were when I had my 80 gallon and had dual 150DE MH, now I have the 75 gallon and the dual 250DE.

I have these bulbs on this tank for short of 3 months, I'm going to hit Patrick up and see if I can borrow his Par meter again. I am documenting this stuff so I know how long they last before the par levels drop.

His meter was loaned out last time I was there, if I get it I will post the current results here and I will post what they were at week 1 as well.

I have not and I remember you and I talking about that-My problem is I don't own a tank for more than 4 months before I upgrade-(laugh), you may recall, I got back into this hobby last Thanksgiving, I have had 3 tanks since then, the 1st was the nano, you have that now-!! The next was the 80 gallon TruVu now the 75 gallon glass-Oh and I am done-(threaten)

The first test were when I had my 80 gallon and had dual 150DE MH, now I have the 75 gallon and the dual 250DE.

I have these bulbs on this tank for short of 3 months, I'm going to hit Patrick up and see if I can borrow his Par meter again. I am documenting this stuff so I know how long they last before the par levels drop.

His meter was loaned out last time I was there, if I get it I will post the current results here and I will post what they were at week 1 as well.

This would be intresting to know.

Thanks for posting the pics. Nice stuff. Cant wait for my bulbs now. I have 2 110 watt vho actinics also over my tank so the 15k should be plenty blue for me.

Jay

Ok, so 3 month old bulbs are giving me values as follows

top left JUST below water-1000

top middle-500

top right-1100

middle left-420

middle middle-500

middle right-600

bottom left-300

bottom middle-275

bottom right-360

when they were brand new my range across the top from left to right was;

middle from left to right;

bottom left to right;

410, 280, 420

Granted I have changed up my rock work slightly and have some corals I did not. Overall after 3 months (or 25% of expected/recommended life span) of use I would say these are pretty strong numbers.

I will save these numbers and start checking monthly so I can get a better idea as to when exactly they lose their punch.

Keep in mind these bulbs are 22.00 each not 65-90 so if I get 6 months worth I have saved money- My bet is they will lsat more than 6 months.

Heck I dont even now what "name brand" bulbs par levels are after 2 months, maybe they drop at the same ratios.

Here is a lengthy thread regarding these Ebay bulbs-11 pages-:eek:;

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1703568

got some from ebay...similar bulb, but different manufacturer. Was definitely brighter, and had a more pleasant Kelvin look than my 4-month old XM 15K bulb. Bought 4 bulbs for what one XM cost me...

Even if it burns out a little faster(which has been proven wrong with Byrd's and others tests), I can replace 4 for the price of 1...

These are not DE bulbs' date=' right?[/quote']

Mogal socket se 250 watt 15k. He does have lots of de bulbs I think and people are really likeing his bulbs. I like these better then the reeflux ,XM, or other name brand bulbs I have had. I will get a picture up here but pics never show the lighting good in my opinion.

Jay