pumpkin pie

reef165

To late! I am already limited to a couple pair of pants now! I wore shorts all summer and now that its colder Ive tryed on some pants and I gotta get on the treadmill!!! Maybe put a piece of the cheese cake in front of it' date=' I'd run on it all day prob![/quote']

Ha ha ha, I am sorry to hear that, if it makes you feel better I have been in the same situation. Currently laid off and got a new house with a great kitchen to cook in. So needless to say, I am down to a few pairs of pants, it's horrible cause we still haven't even hit Thanksgiving yet.

Well I just pulled one off the net and made one. I cooked the raw pumpkin and made my own crust and everything! Im quite proud of myself. Its cooling now I'll know how it tastes in a hour or so. I thought that maybe I screwed it up, the filling was quite runny but after 50 min in the oven it looks just like it should! I even whiped my own cream but didnt realize ya gotta do that right before ya eat it or it goes back to liquid. I got a can of whipit's to just in case so it looks like I did myself a solid there!

I just had a piece of the pie and the texture is a little different but it is really good! I do think I'll try the pecan pie. We haven't discussed a wager of any kind. She did say her grandma could never get it right. I should say a high end coral if I can do it on first try:) then let her come up with what she wants if I can't. It'll probably just be a gentleman's bet though.

the trick for a good pecan or walnut pie is in the syrup mixture and how long it cooks.

here is a recipe if you need (hungry)

3 eggs

2/3 cup sugar

1/2 tsp salt (not from aquarium...lol)

1/3 cup butter

1 cup corn syrup

1 cup pecans (or walnuts) 1/2s or broken pieces

Beat eggs with hand mixer add in rest saving nuts til last, pour in pie shell bake 375 degrees for 40-50 until set remember it WILL harden out of oven. (sometimes I line pie shell with nuts instead of adding in mixture as they rise to the top.)

BRANDY version decrease corn syrup to 3/4 cup add 1/4 cup brandy

• 2 weeks later...