Help ID this LPS please!

puntific

Those dont even look like the same corals-the first looks like the Alien eye I got at Rose City, the second does look like a cyphastrea.

I did not think Cyphastrea were a plating coral, more a rock encrusting (scratch)

My MH lights are not on in my display yet just actinics but that is my cyphastrea and in my QT tank is the 'Alien eye" as I was told-its in my 20 gallon under T%'s so it does not color up well,its the one in the back-my 20 gallon is the holding area for corals that will be going "AWAY"

My 2 pics look quite similar to your pics and are different corals-???

P1090680.jpg

P1090681.jpg

Well, it looks like I've been as clear as mud. They ARE two corals. I just had a second coral I wanted IDed...

Thanks for the input.

puntific

ps. My Alien eye chalice is kept at the bottom under some shade and seems to be doing nicely. I don't think it needs much light.

I was told when I got mine from another place that it was called Hills Have Eye's. The pic shows 4 eye's and only had 3 and was a little triangle when I got it. Its now bearly alive in my frag tank from a TDS problem I hope I have fixxed now.

I think the Alien Eye has green on the new growth, where this one dosent.

post-5849-141867750398_thumb.jpg

Saltfinsax,

I've done a google search and can't seem to find any reference to Hills Have Eyes out there... I agree though, it doesn't really look the same as the Alien Eye, though I just found one on Ebay called "Neon Green Alien Eye Chalice" that looks pretty similar.