My Miami for $1,875!

grassi

I realize the marketing they have poured into that chalice and have done several dealings with Jason personally, but I find it very hard to believe that it's not just hype to help sell off all the future frags. I cannot see anyone in this economy or for that matter several people bidding for such an astronomical amount for a one eye frag especially on ebay of all places. Good marketing, but I really think it's the hype for future frags, not just this one. JMHO!!!!!

I have thought for a very long time and actually made an old post about it somewhere that it looked identical to a chalice frag I had that I sold a few years ago. Oh well, best of luck to them. Maybe down the road I can sell my wanna-be for 1/2 as much....lol

Here is the one that I sold a frag of a few years ago. Back then I called it the goldfinger watermelon.

c13.jpg

How much did you sell it for then???

I have had the colony for almost 4 years now and it is a super slow grower. I have only sold maybe......5-6 frags off the "original" colony for $199. Im not saying that the "My Miami" is from a frag I sold him, Im just saying looks like one I sold him a few years ago which is pictured above. Could be, who knows??????

So why bother even putting it on ebay? The guy that owns the shop down the street bought it..LOL Too funny!!!!!

Looking at the way the bidding went down I suspect there is a lot going on behind the scenes. (All of the action was too early with no last minute bidding) The highest bid that I wouldn't suspect is the one for $800 and that is only becuse of the number of reputation points (Even it could actually be suspect). The rest could be buddies or even accounts set up just for raising the bid. I.E. As both you and Isaac hinted this could be nothing more than a marketing gimmick to raise the value.