saved zoa's from PETCO

cwinson85

Lucked out and got a colony of Id say at least 150 from petco today. I told the lady they wouldnt live long under their lights and she cut me a deal for 20 bucks. They havent really opened up yet, but they look redish in color. excited to see how they do! (clap) just thought i would share, not that many will probably care (scratch)

Guest Snorkelwasp

they will buy more...you can save those...then they will buy more...then you can save those...lol i would recommend buying anything there and ESPECIALLY something thats not even opened up yet...may seem like a steal until it brings in zoa pox or nudis or ich cysts...then you paid you wipe out your tank...IMHO.

The Petco in Tigard actually has a fairly nice salt water setup. They have shown the ability to keep many fish long term including a pair of maricultured reidi for more then a year.

Further in there defense many zoa's can be kept alive under CF lighting for many years IME.

A LFS having predators in there tank seems to be more common then not from the stores I have visited, which is why I dip corals and QT fish.

I'm not saying all Petco's are great, but they don't deserve what is being given to them here either.

JME

The Petco in Tigard actually has a fairly nice salt water setup. They have shown the ability to keep many fish long term including a pair of maricultured reidi for more then a year.

Further in there defense many zoa's can be kept alive under CF lighting for many years IME.

A LFS having predators in there tank seems to be more common then not from the stores I have visited, which is why I dip corals and QT fish.

I'm not saying all Petco's are great, but they don't deserve what is being given to them here either.

JME

I respectfully disagree, the one you have in Tigard may be good, and for that I am glad. But for any company that has treated actual animals and fish the way that I have seen deserves nothing but a bad rep and to not be supported by our community.

I may be on a different page then a lot of people, but I feel that it is our sole responsibility to promote good care for the animals while in the ocean and especially while in our care. Good husbandry is in our hands and in my eyes it is no different then killing a cat or dog. While admittedly, I too have killed my share of live reef pets over the years, at least I have learned and changed my approach to better suit the animals.