Meshmod NW200

blown65

I know its been posted here before but wow, I shouldn't of waited so long to do this mod. What a huge difference it makes in skimming, I swear its going to pull in 1 hr what the old way pulled in 24hrs. More air is an understatement. Gotta get a killa-meter to make sure its all fine, but very impressive.

Sure.

If you read thru the thread, there is a guy that used different fittings on his, I tried that method but they kept blowing apart. So I went the dremel way and bored out the elbow. I cant really see a difference in performance.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1284642&highlight=meshmod

Here is some pics.

First 24hrs with just the mesh, didnt have the rest of the parts for the airline mod and boring out the elbow. Performed somewhat better, but not near what it does after moving the airline location.

attachment.php?attachmentid=6113&stc=1&d=1255272534

This is the second 24hrs, with all the mods in place. This is about the amount of skimmate I got off the skimmer in a week prior. Just never performed very good IMO.

attachment.php?attachmentid=6114&stc=1&d=1255272616

This is at 12hrs later. Really starting to pulls quite a bit.

attachment.php?attachmentid=6115&stc=1&d=1255272616

The entire chamber is full of bubbles, where prior it wasn't. I did have to cut the riser about 4" like that first post shows.

post-180-141867749506_thumb.jpg

post-180-141867749508_thumb.jpg

post-180-14186774951_thumb.jpg