Bennies

RLaForce

Ok so I went to may favorite store and ordered a starry blenny. I get home I acclimate him to the water and put him in the tank. I know the store I went to fed him before I got him. They put him in a holding tank for a week before I got him, and I know he was in good health. I had the fish for a 1 1/2 days and I went to look for him and find him being eaten by my shrimp! I don't know what it is, but I can't keep a blenny in my tank. I have a lot of other fish that are much harder to keep and have no problems with them. Why is it that I can't keep them. I have had two LMB's die and now the starry one. I tested my water, I even went to aqua serene and tested my water against theirs and it all checks out. What gives???? My partner really likes them and wants one in the tank but I won't buy anymore if I'm just going to kill them. I get to sad every time one goes. (scratch)

I watched that. The MB made no attempt to go near it. I have a 100 gallon tank and the blennies were staying opposite sides. I guess it could have happened when I went to bed, but of all my fish the MB was one of the newer additions and stays in a very small corner of the tank. the LMB's I had before I had the MB and they were the only B;enny in the tank at the time.

Not sure about the Blennys but Tangs are often caught using Cyanide and then often dies not long afterwards. I've seen several posts about Tangs dying recently.

Is it possible there is a predator lurking somewhere? Are there other small fish that stay on the bottom? I know you mentioned the Midas Blenny but perhaps it is wise to the predator if it's there. What other fish are in the tank around the same size? (I had a Gold Head Sleaper Goby attack a Purple Firefish when I put it in the tank) I wouldn't rule out health issues either. One week isn't really enough to determine health. (For instance most fish can go a week without food and not show any sign of it and many of the fish we see came from the ocean within a couple of days of arriving at the LFS)